Thread: Low Cost Easy to Install Not in the Way Stainless Steel True Dual Exhaust

Low Cost Easy to Install Not in the Way Stainless Steel True Dual Exhaust

Who's going to post pics of their Spec .01 exhaust first?

Jordan Lynch (DMA) has Spec .01 exhaust too. He Facebooks but doesn't do DeLorean forums -- yet.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 07-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Does spec .01 use a crossover pipe or is it straight separated dual throughout?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    It doesn't use a cross over pipe at all. Each side of the engine has it's own muffler.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Here are some pictures of Bill's set up I found on the "other" forum. It is a "dual" exhaust without the crossover pipe.

Exhaust4.jpg

Exhaust5.jpg

Exhaust6.jpg

Here the original posting if anybody is interest

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?446-Spec-01-Exhaust

Oooo, that DMCTalk looks like a neat forum -- all the cool kids are on it. How do I go about signing up?

(I keep trying to make an ID, but every time I get rejected -- I'm starting to feel like a weird kid nobody wants to play with at recess. One of these days I will go postal, then they will finally notice me...).

Bill Robertson

VIN
    I'll have to post pics of my exhaust. Not spec anything , just headers I bought from Jim in Cairo NY and thrush turbo mufflers. Man is it loud and obnoxious, I love it !
    P.s. Bill are you coming to the roAd rally this year?
    Louis Duet

Why in the world put headers on an engine?

Just got off the phone with my DC area fire department buddy. He had to replace the starter motor on his header equipped 390 FE truck engine. Of course the headers were all in the way, so the passenger side header needed to come off. Only way to get a torch on the rusty hold down bolts was to take the engine loose and roll it over to the driver's side of the vehicle (headers are all jambed against the metal wheel well liners). Madness.

I've seen Farrar's header equipped PRV, and it's pretty much the same story.

Spec .01 exhaust may not be much, but it is as far out of the way as you can possibly get (*OUTSIDE* the engine cradle, thank you very much). Doesn't block in a single thing.

And it doesn't melt the rear fascia (my fire department buddy's vintage F200 is made out of this revolutionary material called "metal," so his exhaust system doesn't melt anything either).

Bill Robertson