View Poll Results: Ford Duraspark Ignition

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

7 100.00%
  • Dislike

0 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Duraspark Ignition

I was able to modify the card edge connector to work, so the project is back on. Saved the center keyway to orient it. Had to cut the ends out to fit the wider ends on the harness connector. Need to rig up something to grab the retaining clip (even with five terminals, connector doesn't hang on tight enough without it).

LADuraspark1.jpg LADuraspark2.jpg

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 08-05-2013 at 03:35 PM.

VIN
    I have a 0-227-100-005 module that I can check tomorrow to see how it fits. Very interesting that Bosch/someone made such similar connectors with so little difference.
    No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!

If your module is plug compatible, and if you are willing to part with it for a reasonable price: my original concept was to make a Duraspark adapter that Steve, Farrar, Drew, and Fred & Brian, could share amongst themselves as necessary. But if one owner ends up monopolizing it, I may need to make another.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    At this point I want to keep it. The plan is to make a module to plug into and use in my D and I got it for the plug...hopefully it is compatible. I want to keep the old module for posterity...whoever that is.

VIN
    I'm still trying to find one at my local junk yard. The good news is the junk yard I use keeps an inventory of their vehicles. I just try to visit the website every Saturday morning to see if there are any recently added Volvos to the lot.

http://pullapart.com/
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Likely you are all aware of this site... but just in case or for others: http://car-part.com/

There is a lot to like about this site and the data base powers a lot of salvage yards. The down side is that you cannot simply look for Volvo 260 cars. You have to put in a part. Not all yards seem to inventory all the parts (example: Lambda control unit). So instead you look for more generic parts that they might inventory such as "engine". The trouble here is if the engine is sold then the car does not show up. So if you are looking for something, try various car parts. It does change the results.

Also, it gives the other vehicles that the part was used in. So if you look for 1990 Eagle Premier engines, the Dodge Monaco will also come up.

Quote Originally Posted by NKemp View Post
    At this point I want to keep it. The plan is to make a module to plug into and use in my D and I got it for the plug...hopefully it is compatible. I want to keep the old module for posterity...whoever that is.
    My original Bosch module is still attached to the underside of the ECU compartment bracket. Too much trouble to remove it (bracket rivnuts have a bad reputation for free spinning). It's not hurting anything down there, it's not in the way, it's not drawing any current, and it can always act as a backup if ever necessary.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Need to rig up something to grab the retaining clip (even with five terminals, connector doesn't hang on tight enough without it)
    Zip Ties to the rescue.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by NKemp View Post
    I have a 0-227-100-005 module that I can check tomorrow to see how it fits.
    No happiness here since it did not fit. It appears to interfere in both height and width. And the spade connections may be different. Bummer since this was from a Volvo 240/242/244 which are more readily available and thus cheaper. Bill what did you get yours from?

eBay. Spent $40 on the poor thing. Ostensibly it worked before I tore it all to pieces.

I am probably going to bend a piece of wire to snag the harness clip and pass over the adapter connector. In this instance the smaller card edge connector will be helpful -- there's plenty of room to squeeze a wire on either side of the connector to clear the harness clip.

Bill Robertson