View Poll Results: A/C Evaporator Box Drain

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

9 90.00%
  • Dislike

1 10.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A/C Evaporator Box Drain

I used the right angle boot from some old wires I had also. I would only add those boots to an order for someone else in need.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'm still amazed people are special ordering boots. I used what I think was an ignition coil boot. Basically I had an old set of spark plug wires laying around the house that went to a 94 Geo Metro. I took one of the boots from it, removed the drain plug from the Delorean with a hacksaw, and then replaced it with the boot from the Geo Metro.

It fit perfectly and since then I have removed it to clean my drain one time. I guess not everyone is white trash like me with a carport and house full of junk.

I don't blame you guys for ordering boots though. It would be silly to spend $20 on a set of wires just for a ten cent boot. Although, here is an idea. Perhaps you have a car that needs a new set of spark plug wires. Replace the wires and use one of the boots from your old set of wires if it will fit. In effect, you are getting a free boot for the delorean instead of spending 50 cents to special order one.

Thats the end of my rant. Welcome to the forum Alex. Don't forget to sign up on the drawing thread. DMCToday is giving away a free gift certificate in a few days.
    Thanks Stephen. And thanks for the help the other day with the valve adjustment. Great job on this board; you guys bring a lot of good info to the table and I appreciate it. I could've sworn I registered here last month but I guess not. I've had a one-track mind lately.

I'll end up ordering a couple boots from Amazon and if someone needs an extra, let me know. I'll send you my other. I'm not even in a huge hurry to do this mod since the days of my car being stored outside are over (unless there's something I don't know about regarding the drain being able to become plugged with either inside or outside storage). I completely cleaned everything out last April and it's draining fine.

Really, the main thing I'm interested in is having condensation not come into contact with the frame at all. I'd love to have some vinyl tubing bypassing the frame completely.
    Alex Abdalla

Late '81, 5-speed/gray interior with 47k miles

On a mission to make my car look concours with completely updated and reliable internals. My blog is located at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Really, the main thing I'm interested in is having condensation not come into contact with the frame at all. I'd love to have some vinyl tubing bypassing the frame completely.
    +1
    Thats what I did.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave M vin 03572

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    +1
    Thats what I did.
    Nice work Dave - very OEM/professional looking
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Nice work Dave - very OEM/professional looking
    Thanks. By the way that hose under the car is the AC hose that would not fit like most cars by sliding it in. One of these days I will lift the body to get it pushed onto the frame but it's not a real priority.
    Dave M vin 03572

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Thanks. By the way that hose under the car is the AC hose that would not fit like most cars by sliding it in. One of these days I will lift the body to get it pushed onto the frame but it's not a real priority.
    Easy enough the next time you have the console out. Just remove the four body bolts and jack up the body slightly. My hoses wouldn't go in all the way either (warpage of fuel tank closing plate caused by rust) but I was able to pop them in after lifting the body on one side a few inches.
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

Hire my voice!

VIN
    Steve would be proud of me, the way I routed my split hoses from Specialtauto was to cut the original hose at the connection then duct tape the new one in line with it and sprayed some silicone lube then pulled it through to the other end which was also cut, wasn't too bad actually. Found a cigarette but from the factory that fell out of the channel though...haha.

IMG_20140816_200949.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Really, the main thing I'm interested in is having condensation not come into contact with the frame at all.
    And the difference between condensed water and rain water touching the frame is? (Or simply the exact same humidity that is already in the air before condensing?).

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    And the difference between condensed water and rain water touching the frame is? (Or simply the exact same humidity that is already in the air before condensing?).

Bill Robertson
    What does more damage? 100 days driving in the rain or 200 days driving in the rain. If you can keep water off the frame more days than not don't you think that is better?
    Dave M vin 03572

My factory drain tubing was all stopped up. Evaporator box backed up with so much condensed water it ran out the blower motor cooling hose (rusted the resistor grid too). I'm not in a big hurry to repeat that experience.

Condensed water is already in the atmosphere. Frame is going to be exposed to it no matter what you do.

Bill Robertson