• Dislike

1 10.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A/C Evaporator Box Drain

Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    Damnit Bill. Order canceled.
    Without a complete kit you won't be able to do this:

PrettyPlugWires.jpg

"My goodness Bill, your passenger side plug wires with straight terminals look so much neater than 90 degree terminals."

"Thank you very much. Better appearance is just a fringe benefit. Look at all the stress I am saving on the wires by not forcing them to bend back on themselves."

"Too bad these stupid cars little came with prohibitively obtuse K-Jet fuel/air mixture units over the distributor, otherwise they all could have had plug wires like this from the factory."

"Amen."

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 08-07-2013 at 01:03 PM.

I think you have a wire loose...

Here is a source of the caps I ran across. I have not used these so check that size.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._email_1p_3_ti
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Here is a source of the caps I ran across. I have not used these so check that size.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._email_1p_3_ti
    Looks good - I'll give it a shot

Thanks Dave!
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    It was done on my car. Cutting the old one on the side so I could just pull it out with pilers. Then I was able to install the new boot. I don't remember cutting any larger hole in the tub but maybe I did.
    Damn, I just replaced evap and had ac box out but now it's back in again. Now I see this upgrade drain. Well maybe ill follow what Dave did here if my ac ever works. Need condenser now.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

Cut the factory elbow in half horizontally and remove it in two pieces. This mod can be done anytime.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Damnit Bill. Order canceled. For anyone else, THIS IS THE PART THAT YOU NEED:

http://www.amazon.com/Pico-7054QT-St...ds=coil+nipple

$0.95 for TWO.
    Let me know how that part order and install goes for you. I rebuilt my AC back in April and that was the one thing I didn't do. For the life of me, I couldn't locate the right coil boot but I'll add it in there if this is the right part and I don't have to remove anything.

Damnit Bill. Order canceled. For anyone else, THIS IS THE PART THAT YOU NEED:

http://www.amazon.com/Pico-7054QT-St...ds=coil+nipple

$0.95 for TWO.
    Sorry I missed you already posted this source. When Amazon sent me that email this is the forum I thought of.

I will have to add a few to my next order. Don't want to pay shipping charges for just a 95 cent order.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 08-29-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Sorry I missed you already posted this source. When Amazon sent me that email this is the forum I thought of.

I will have to add a few to my next order. Don't want to pay shipping charges for just a 95 cent order.
    Milk and cookies kept you awake, huh

BTW - That's a quote from Blade Runner (1982).
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    I'm still amazed people are special ordering boots. I used what I think was an ignition coil boot. Basically I had an old set of spark plug wires laying around the house that went to a 94 Geo Metro. I took one of the boots from it, removed the drain plug from the Delorean with a hacksaw, and then replaced it with the boot from the Geo Metro.

It fit perfectly and since then I have removed it to clean my drain one time. I guess not everyone is white trash like me with a carport and house full of junk.

I don't blame you guys for ordering boots though. It would be silly to spend $20 on a set of wires just for a ten cent boot. Although, here is an idea. Perhaps you have a car that needs a new set of spark plug wires. Replace the wires and use one of the boots from your old set of wires if it will fit. In effect, you are getting a free boot for the delorean instead of spending 50 cents to special order one.

Thats the end of my rant. Welcome to the forum Alex. Don't forget to sign up on the drawing thread. DMCToday is giving away a free gift certificate in a few days.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)