Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sonny V Saga

VIN

The Sonny V Saga

I would say it is a good practice to be cautious of anyone you do business with. I would never purchase a car sight unseen, from anyone including a friend.

One needs to note that the same type of nightmares have also come from DMCH. A lot of people are afraid to report vendor problems for fear of retribution. There is no telling what James Espey would do to my car if it ever ended up at DMCH but I'm not worried about it. My car will never go to DMCH.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    That is one thing I will say about DPI over DMCH; I've been threatened, treated worse and mocked frequently by James Espy.

It's also funny to note how in the DMC world the only two people who are acceptable to hate are Ed Bernstein and John Hervey.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    Espy has threatened you? Wow.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Espey gives me a hard time mostly every time I call him. I just give him a hard time back.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Espy has threatened you? Wow.
    Yeah, it was because I brought up an individual named Sonny V.

I've also heard of a lawsuit against DMCCA in regards to them performing work without consulting the customer.

There's a seedy underbelly to the DeLorean world and its vendors.
    -Chad K.

VIN
    Nothing seedy about DMC Today !
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

VIN
    I almost forgot about the days of Sonny V posting on the DML. I tried asking about that on Talk and my post was quickly removed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I almost forgot about the days of Sonny V posting on the DML. I tried asking about that on Talk and my post was quickly removed.
    Exactly why I maintain that moderators/admins shouldn't be in business with vendors as on 'Talk.

VIN
    Blog Entries

The Sonny V Saga

Awhile back, when the DML was the predominant method of exchanging information about DeLoreans, there was an individual named Sonny V.

Sonny would constantly post about how he loved his DMCH refurbished car; misleadingly named a "new build."

After a few months of nothing but glowing praise for the car and statements of how it would be foolish to buy a DeLorean any other way, an IP trace showed that almost every post was made from a computer at DMCH.

In the end, it was proven that there never was a Sonny V and that all his posts were fabricated by someone working at DMCH.
    -Chad K.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I love my refurbish...I mean new build! It would be foolish to buy any other Delorean. The stage II is totally worth it...7k for an extra 50hp is a no brainer.

I had completely forgot about Sonny V.