Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

5 100.00%
  • Disagree

0 0%

Thread: Eagle Premier starter

Eagle Premier starter

I first posted about this in 2004 (see here: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/45899). I can't find any reason not to use it. It's widely available, easier to install, and works just as well.

VIN
    I installed an Eagle starter a few years ago and have never looked back. It works every time, has a lifetime warranty from Autozone (which I have never needed) and makes a cool space ship sound. I love mine.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

So far, everyone who has done this mod has liked it. I don't really get why it's a poll, though -- what's there to "agree" or "disagree" about?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I don't fully get that part, either. I think, "Ok, when my starter fails I'm going to go to Autozone and order one for an Eagle Premier." I'm not voting because I have no need for it, yet, though I do like knowing that it's an easily-sourced part.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

There are reasons i may not be able to think of to not do this. I do remember reading one guy had a problem with it engaging his flywheel and went back to the stock unit.

Other than that, i put the poll to indicate the sort-of community level of confidence in the mod, so someone that is new can come here and say, "oh look, 99% of members agree to use the eagle premier starter, while only 50% agree its worthwhile to install a front strut tower brace." That was my intention.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifying.

Anyone else have an alignment problem? Steve, did you need washers or anything?
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

Hire my voice!

VIN
    I got my starter from Autozone and it was a perfect fit. I didn't need any washers nor did I need to modify the part.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)