5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

4 80.00%
  • Disagree

1 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Piece Headliner

VIN
    I thought he used pop rivets. Where oh where are those archives?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I also remember Bill mentioning something else related to the one-piece headliner but I don't recall what it was...(riveting something maybe?)
    Found it: http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?1...ll=1#post31159

I was hoping someone would have pics to post....am I the only one who takes pics of stuff?

You are the National Geographic of the DeLorean world, Rich.

Do you have fiberboard or fiberboard (OEM) headliners? I would use an epoxy resin glue on either. I use West Marine products myself. You might also considering using the epoxy resin to strengthen any weakened/damaged areas if you have the fiberboard pieces.

VIN
    You are going to kill your resale value.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I helped a friend do his "one-piece headliner" a few years ago. We used a combination of glue and pop rivets to attach both pieces together.

Administrator
    VIN
    Thanks Chris...

Administrator
    VIN
    I liked the look and results of 5052's single piece headliner so much I did the same mod to 4194. On 5052 I backed the rivets with a strip of thin metal. On 4194 I used washers that were the same diameter as the rivets. without something to back the rivets, they have a tendency to pull through the fiber board. Both the strip of metal and the washers worked, but the washers were the easier option.

Administrator
    VIN
    Any issues with the rivets/washers/whatever showing through the material?

Administrator
    VIN
    This weekend I'm going to assess my door headliner boards and decide if I should recover them or buy fiberglass replacements. The roof part looks good, and I'm going to make a one-piece headliner.

Where do I get the light gray headliner fabric? There's a Joann's where I live, but the grey is too dark.

I want the lighter shade as shown in this pic of my first car:

P3290256 - Copy.jpg

Administrator
    VIN
    Would one of you pricks please tell me if I need to cover the riveted section with something so it doesn't show through the headliner....