Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BTTF conversion owners

BTTF conversion owners

Am I the only conversion owner on this forum? Probably so. Dmctoday sucks. Like Primus.

I'm bored and surfing the forums, so I figured I'd start this BTTF thread. If the initials BTTF make you cringe and want to vomit, I suggest you simply ignore this thread from now on.

VIN
    I'm pretty sure Drew has the only Robertson equipped Delorean.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    i'm pretty sure drew has the only robertson equipped "time machine."
    ftfy.
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

Hire my voice!

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Well personally I could never bring myself to drill holes in my car...but on the other hand I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a BTTF car next to mine. There is a guy on talk working on a non intrusive BTTF kit and it's looking pretty good!

I couldn't imagine what a summer night would be like here with me behind the wheel of a time machine. Now for my back to Earth moment: I think it would get old quick unless I could restrain myself to driving it only on very special occasions.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    ftfy.
    Oops.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well personally I could never bring myself to drill holes in my car...but on the other hand I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a BTTF car next to mine. There is a guy on talk working on a non intrusive BTTF kit and it's looking pretty good!

I couldn't imagine what a summer night would be like here with me behind the wheel of a time machine. Now for my back to Earth moment: I think it would get old quick unless I could restrain myself to driving it only on very special occasions.
    Trust me, I almost cried when I drilled into the stainless for the first time. Now it doesn't bother me at all, especially when the car falls apart on it's own.

A non-invasive kit is a great idea, and I'm all for it. However, something like that could never be 100% accurate. Actually, no replica is truly 100% accurate. The best ones out there are 95-99%, IMO. I'd say my car is 70%.. it IS a work in progress though.

There are times I'm just cruising around, and it's awesome. Being in a Delorean is quite a unique experience. On the flip side, yes, it can get old. Very old. Especially when you've committed the sin of making it your daily driver.

Every once in a while, I look at the car and smile.

What i would actually want and pay for is a good removable kit for the exterior props. I dont need the inside all junked up with uncomfortable crap.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewlorean View Post
    A non-invasive kit is a great idea, and I'm all for it. However, something like that could never be 100% accurate. Actually, no replica is truly 100% accurate.
    Paging Mr Chad.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    BSTTF time machine conversions are the bomb - and actually attract chicks
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    What i would actually want and pay for is a good removable kit for the exterior props. I dont need the inside all junked up with uncomfortable crap.
    At first, I avoided converting the interior for that same reason. Currently, I have a few smaller parts installed, mainly wires. And the aluminum rear bulkhead. It's actually not that bad to drive. Like most things, you get used it.