Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS 2014 - Dayton, OH

Dayton was chosen because it is close to the fellow who is taking over from Ken. Kind of like Orlando in reverse. I would expect future DCS's (if any) to move farther afield.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    For me it isn't about the attractions near the event. DCS is the attraction. Its about having fun with fellow car nerds. I could care less about Disney world or whatever else is near by.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    For me it isn't about the attractions near the event. DCS is the attraction. Its about having fun with fellow car nerds. I could care less about Disney world or whatever else is near by.
    Ditto! Who'll have time to do anything else in OH if they're attending the show and participating in all the events?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Guys, if you haven't already registered for DCS 2014 you might want to do so soon. Rumor has it that Kevin can only let 500 people in due to some sort of silly fire code and there are only 199 spots left for registration.

http://www.robomerchant.net/delorean...hp?target=cart

It looks like I will have to fly out there this year instead of making the drive. I'm registering for the Friday night dinner, Saturday events, Saturday Dinner, and am not registering for the bus drive thingie, unless someone else insists. lol

Anyway, just thought I would send a reminder to you guys. I still have the hotel reservation for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The more white trash we can pile in that room, the cheaper it will be for everyone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I realize registration is important in terms of supporting the show, but I don't think that there's a need to worry about it running out. There are always at-the-show events open and plenty of people who don't register for the dinners; if you've seen the "Planning of BTTF" presentation once, then you may choose to eat elsewhere.

Otherwise, if you CAN'T register, you can always attend and hang out at the hotel, discuss things with individuals in the parking lot, and register on a daily basis for the events that directly relate to your interests.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    I was just about to click the order button on the DCS store. Now Chad has me waiting to see what events the rest of the group is planning to go to. lol

I registered for the show and the price for all dinners was not bad at $200 or thereabouts. I also have a room reserved and may be looking for someone to share the room and cost. I would guess the 500 guest limit would be for the dinners.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

maybe the group can work out the sleeping order between all the dmctoday people going (i need a bed,to old for a cot)

A room with two double beds can comfortably sleep 4 people: take the mattresses off the box springs and put them on the floor. Each person gets his or her own "bed" (no Planes, Trains, and Automobiles). Desk clerk will provide extra sheets & blankets. Next morning put the mattresses back onto the box springs.

Bill Robertson

Just registered for my typical Friday-Sunday attendance, but may eventually add Thursday this year due to area attractions.

Has Steve secured accommodations yet, or am I bunking with Dave (in Orlando I spent a total of 7 hours in the room all weekend -- at what age does one get too old for these all nighters?).

I may drive up via Arlington if anyone wants to caravan from the DC area. I can even offer layover accommodation at Mom's house for anyone further south wishing to split the drive in half.

Bill Robertson