Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS 2014 - Dayton, OH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VIN

DCS 2014 - Dayton, OH

www.deloreancarshow.com

It looks like hotel reservations are now open for DCS 2014. I'm planning to attend and my guess is that Bill will be there as well. Is anyone interested in sharing a room?

Last year me and Bill shared a room, got along fine, and saved a ton of money. I'm a bit surprised at how cheap this hotel will actually be. They are only charging $109 per night before tax. If we can get four people in a room, we can really save some money on hotel expenses.

Is anyone interested in sharing a room besides me and Bill?
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I spent a total of 7 hours in the hotel room all weekend at DCS'12. Friday night finally went to bed about 3:00 am, Saturday night didn't make it in until 4:00 am. Eventually I am going to get too old for such foolishness.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Since you spent so little time in the room, perhaps we could sleep in shifts instead of separating the box springs from the mattresses. On a serious note, it looks like this hotel even has free cots. The terms on their website says you can have up to 5 people in a room and they even have handicap rooms available for the same rate.

I wonder if a handicap room would be a little larger than a regular room. If we can get 5 people in a room, we can really drive the cost down. Three nights at $109/night comes out to $327 before tax. That comes out to $65 each person (before tax) for the whole stay if we manage to fill the room.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    I'd be interested in sharing a room.

Isn't Bill already sharing a room with David T. and Martin G.?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    I don't think those guys were even at the last DCS.

As long as it is okay with everyone, I'll go ahead and book the room sometime this week. I'll reserve it for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. We can just figure out the money deal at DCS based on how many people show up to share a room.

Now the big question is, should I get a handicapped room or not?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I don't think those guys were even at the last DCS.

As long as it is okay with everyone, I'll go ahead and book the room sometime this week. I'll reserve it for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. We can just figure out the money deal at DCS based on how many people show up to share a room.

Now the big question is, should I get a handicapped room or not?
    I was just playin.

Yeah, I'm cool with sharing a room with you and Bill, if you guys are cool with me.

I don't believe that handicap rooms are any bigger than a regular room per se - they usually just have larger door openings, extra grab bars in the bath, and possibly an easy access shower/tub.

Whatever you decide to do is cool with me.

EDIT: If I end up getting a girlfriend before the show, I might end up having to bail on you guys. Wish I didn't have to decide so far ahead of time.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 07-07-2013 at 10:40 PM.

--Josh S.

These things always compete with my limited vacation time.... whether its bailing out my parents with property work or going to the bahamas on a real vacation or whatever. I enjoy watching all the video recaps and I would like to attend, but the time cost is always the biggest hurdle. And ohio ain't the best enticement. Whats the best argument for going?

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Whats the best argument for going?
    You can watch me snuggle with Miller Gaffney.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    You can watch me snuggle with Miller Gaffney.

Bill Robertson
    That's almost as good as being in Ohio.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    That's almost as good as being in Ohio.
    I don't know, I think that Bill snuggling with Miller Gaffney might be better than being in Ohio!

Too bad it's not in Toledo

--Josh S.