Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross reference parts list

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by EDD View Post
    They are missing a connector too...
    The other spade connector terminal is a separate part - #9 in the parts manual diagram I posted above.

I'm unaware of any plunger style ground break switch that combines the two terminals within the switch housing. If you're aware of one, please post the reference.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

lol They all sell half a switch then.
    Ed Uding's will work. The connectors will colliden with the others - plugs will not go on connectors. Not worth OEM price difference.

VIN
    Steve, FYI. Our slave cylinder crosses over to a 1981 Renault Master Van. You can find it at RockAuto. It's more than what the Vendors charge, but the one I bought from DMC has developed a premature leak. I will report back when it gets installed. By the way it ships from England.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,2044

The good fellows over at the Eurotec forum found the cross reference.

Oh my: type Gates 21910 into Jegs' website and look what pops up:

GatesHosexRef.jpg

(I am in the process of replacing #5939's water pump. Only takes a couple of minutes to pop the manifold off, but removing all the hoses and other crap still takes just as long...).

Bill Robertson

VIN

Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Here is the fancy smancy cross reference parts list I use and update. If anyone wants to look at my list for references please feel free to do so. I plan to keep the list updated as I replace parts on my car.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=1
    Steve, this is a great list. I dunno how or why I never saw it before now. I guess I just never bothered to open this thread. But now, I will keep a link to it nearby and handy. Thanks for putting it together.
    .....Mike.....

Administrator
    VIN

Front Brake Hose Cross Reference

Here's another part for the cross reference list:

Front Brake Hoses:

Centric 15061400; Raybestos BH 38542; (FRONT DMC Hoses Cross to the REAR Brake Hose from a 1977 Mercury Capri)

The front hoses from a 77 Capri have the same fittings but they are about an inch and a half shorter than stock. The rear Capri Hose is about 0.25 inches shorter than stock. I installed the Centric's on my DeLorean before DCS14 and made the round trip without any problems. I purchased them from RockAuto for $8.78 ea plus shipping.

Hope this helps!

Andrew
    5052 (On 7/9/2014!)

VIN
    Yesterday one of Drew's wheel studs got pretty messed up and had to be replaced.

A quick Google search for a cross reference part came up with information on another forum that really wasn't all that helpful.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?61...specifications

We didn't have time to special order a part. It needed to be replaced the same day.

A quick visit to Autozone proved that other forum wrong.

Dorman Part # 610-266.1

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...fier=2920_0_0_
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Anyone have anything for radiator fan motors? Maybe something more efficient. The electric drain is immense when they kick on.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Anyone have anything for radiator fan motors? Maybe something more efficient. The electric drain is immense when they kick on.
    Farrar was experimenting with some generic fans a while back but I don't think he ever installed them.

Most people say the fans from Toby Peterson are the mac daddy fans. Last I talked to Heninger, he was supposed to be coming out with his version of the Toby fans but for a much better price. Heninger makes great stuff, period. I would look into his if you want a top notch product that draws less amps.

It isn't currently listed on his site but I would give him a call or email him about it.

http://deloreanupgradeparts.com/

This reminds me, I really need to cough up the money and buy a set of his door torsion units. I don't need them now, but eventually I will need to replace my roof cage. It sure would be nice to have his torsion units on hand for when I do the job.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    What's the link to Toby's fans?
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original