Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Cross reference parts list

Just ordered an A/C and Alt belt off this list today from RockAuto. It damn well better be correct!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Hope so. Otherwise you guys are going to totally lynch me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Ramblin' Wreck from GT RamblinDMC's Avatar
    VIN
    This idle speed motor cross references to the stock one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Idle-AIR-Con...FV9s4S&vxp=mtr

It's physically smaller, so it won't fit in the original bracket.

I've been using one for the past 6 months or so.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Gates 21910 is not a practical replacement for the passenger side coolant hose. Diameter is too large. Fits the water pump but not the hard lines.

Attachment 9164
    I checked my car and I do not see any part numbers on either of my hoses. According to the spreadsheet, this part # came from Bill and I have not personally tested it. I think it would be good to leave this part number on this list as it could help someone if they are stuck several hundred miles from home and need an emergency replacement, just to get home.

I have updated the special comments with the information below:

This was discovered by Bill Robertson. I have not verified it myself. FABombjoy (DMCToday member) tested this part on 8-3-17 and says it is not a good fit. I would only suggest using this part if you are in a bind and need something to get by until you can obtain a vendor replacement. These are FABombjoy's notes: Gates 21910 is not a practical replacement for the passenger side coolant hose. Diameter is too large. Fits the water pump but not the hard lines.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    On second though, that hose is pretty large. Would it even be able to seal good enough to get home if you put a couple of hose clamps on it?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Just ordered an A/C and Alt belt off this list today from RockAuto. It damn well better be correct!
    AC belt on the list is fine for stock configuration. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll buy it back from you.

In my situation, I removed the upper AC tensioner pulley so the belt won't be so close to the water pump hose. This means, I use a different size belt on my car. I am using Duralast 17530 for the AC. I have updated the list to show both part numbers and have updated the special comments as well.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    On second though, that hose is pretty large. Would it even be able to seal good enough to get home if you put a couple of hose clamps on it?
    Maybe if you clamped right on the tubing bead, or if you left a section of hold hose on the metal tubing as an adapter.

I figured if it was on the list then someone must have gotten it to work, so I didn't want to just say "nope, not possible"
    -Luke / 10270 / Turbo / EFI

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Maybe if you clamped right on the tubing bead, or if you left a section of hold hose on the metal tubing as an adapter.

I figured if it was on the list then someone must have gotten it to work, so I didn't want to just say "nope, not possible"
    According to my notes, Bill said it worked at some point in time. I never verified it though. Now that I'm not a young punk in my 20's anymore, its becoming more and more attractive to just give money to the vendors, however I still like the idea of buying parts locally if I have to.

I'm driving to Patrick's thing in Michigan next month. Its nice having a list of parts just in case something happens on the road.

VIN
    And another item to add to the list.

Side marker lamp socket: Cole Hersee 2506-BX
    http://www.partdeal.com/cole-hersee-...cket-2506.html

I installed one on my car the other day and it is a perfect fit. Uses 1895 bulbs.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    And another item to add to the list.

Side marker lamp socket: Cole Hersee 2506-BX
    http://www.partdeal.com/cole-hersee-...cket-2506.html

I installed one on my car the other day and it is a perfect fit. Uses 1895 bulbs.

Nice find.