Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Your DeLorean Was A Time Machine...

If Your DeLorean Was A Time Machine...

Where/when would you go?

(Remember: you can only be an observer, lest you mess up the space time continuum).

Among the many places I would go is The People's Temple Agricultural Project in Guyana shortly before November 18, 1978. Hopefully if I told them I was a prospective member just checking it out before joining, they wouldn't shoot me.

Bill Robertson

I wish I can go back in time, put some money on the Cubies.
    Marco
    Vin 6845 - Nov. 81 Gray 5Speed Grooved

My Delorean is a time machine! But if it actually worked, I'd go back and get carbed BEFORE dropping $$$$ on k-jet repairs.

Then I'd head to the future and pick up a sports almanac.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    First, I'd probably go back to the Vegas of the '50's, when it was primarily the mob running the town, and '60's, when moguls such as Kirk Kerkorian and Howard Hughes were battling it out for strip supremacy and monopolization against the mob. I'd stay in the best suites that the Landmark, Dunes, Desert Inn, and Stardust had to offer, and a standard room at the original Glass Pool Inn while taking in as many live original rat pack performances as possible - Franky, Sammy, Dean'o, Lawford, Bishop, etc.

Second, I'd want to experience a typical emigration out of the City to spend the entire summer at an infamous Borscht Belt resort in the Catskills, such as The Concord, Kutschers, or Grossingers in upstate New York during the 1960's. And along this same train of thought, I'd want to experience the height of '70's cheesiness at the world renowned beautiful Mount Airy Lodge in the Poconos.

Finally, I'd want to go back to the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox Restaurant in Bloomfield Township, Michigan on July 30, 1975, so that I can witness exactly what happens to the legendary James Riddle Hoffa of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

"Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

I'd go back to the K-Jet engineering room in a Terminator type operation.

Maybe watch Amelia Earhardt sink into the ocean. I think they'll confirm that wreckage in the next 5 years or so.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    I'd take all my knowledge of the investment markets and indexes and use that to my advantage, where advantageous.

Then I'd pick a small town in west Texas to live. Buy a ranch, build a kick-ass house and shop/barn, and subcon all the crap I don't want to do. Then I'd run for city council and eventually mayor and run the town while scoreboarding all those "beneath me" with my eliteness.
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

I'd go back a couple of centuries, invest a couple of hundred bucks in a bank I know would still be solvent in 2013, and then come back to the present and live off of the interest. :P

So much for not messing with the space time continuum. Thank goodness you guys don't really have time machines -- no telling what I'd wake up to tomorrow morning. Remember: look only. I may go back to Dealy Plaza, but I'm definitely not jumping in front of the bullet.

BTW: you don't have to go back several centuries to get a decent interest rate -- I had a plain old 1978 bank CD that earned 17.5% interest. Paid for all my college books and room/board without even touching the principle, which made the down payment on my house when it matured. Too bad it was only 10 years rather than 30.

Bill Robertson

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    I followed the rules...
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I had a plain old 1978 bank CD that earned 17.5% interest.
    Those must have been during the good old days before the Rise of the MBA Culture and the only purpose of banks became to funnel money to stockholders at whatever cost.