Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thirdmanj's new ride

VIN

Thirdmanj's new ride

Check it out. He isn't sharing his new ride on Today yet so I figure I would take the liberty. I have to admit that I am jelous.

puqysy4e.jpg
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    future
    awesome. ive always loved the Type 2.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 64%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Yo! What's happening Steve and friends?
    Yeah, she's pretty amazing. 1978 Camp mobile. Just got done doing a few op tests today... The 120v outlets still work, the refridgeration system still works, the dash clock still works (suck it Delorean), propane stove set up seems to be pristine, sink drains... This girl is in fantastic shape. Hats off to the Luxembourg plant. They built quite a vehicle. There's some interior pieces that need some TLC, but everything else is perfect. She's even got an updated sound system with Bluetooth capability. Craziness. As much as I love the D, it's just not a family friendly car. This Westy will be a good family vehicle. I refused to get a damn mini-van, so this is my compromise.
    Keeper and seller of cocks. Currently on the ro[o]ster: 2 cocks, Big Ed and Little Ed, and 3 hens; Angelina Jolie, Missy Eliot and Jane Fonda.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Figures that thirdmanj would get a vehicle built by VAG

Oh, and my DeLorean's dash clock still works beautifully

I'm surprised that James, the Cock Monger, didn't opt for a van similar to that of the title star of The Van (1977). After all, it would have been a great way for James to express his masculinity to the masses

Seriously, looks and sounds like it's in good shape. Have fun and enjoy
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

It does? Well you're definetly in the minority there. I suppose depending on how you define work, mine does as well. But as a general rule, they're shite clocks.
    I've not seen The Van but those things have never quite been my style, I've always preferred the Type 2 Westfalia for this sort of thing. Having driven a few different types of vehicles on extended road trips, I find the ergonomics of micro-busses to be excellent.
    Keeper and seller of cocks. Currently on the ro[o]ster: 2 cocks, Big Ed and Little Ed, and 3 hens; Angelina Jolie, Missy Eliot and Jane Fonda.

Frankly, I'm surprised your moral convictions allow you to own a DeLorean, Josh. With your apparent religious devotion to all things "made in USA". The DMC-12 is really only an American car in the fact that the company was American. Designed by an Italian, powered by the French, engineered by the Brits, and built by the Irish. Hardly any of its parts came from the good ol' USofA. But please, I can't wait to see how you rationalize around these facts...
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 11-11-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Frankly, I'm surprised your moral convictions allow you to own a DeLorean, Josh. With your apparent religious devotion to all things "made in USA". The DMC-12 is really only an American car in the fact that the company was American. Designed by an Italian, powered by the French, engineered by the Brits, and built by the Irish. Hardly any of its parts came from the good ol' USofA. But please, I can't wait to see how you rationalize around these facts...
    As I fully explained in my previous posts, Europeans are (for the most part) fair free market competitors, however I still do prefer to opt for American made first and foremost whenever possible, if such an option exists. Asians are not fair free market competitors, thus I would NEVER own an Asian made car.

Second, as my direct family proudly served our nation in WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, I really don't like supporting the voluntary products of our former enemies that took so many brave American lives, as it could be construed by many of our Veterans (and rightfully so) as a slap in the face to their efforts. Thus, I specifically avoid all offerings from VAG, Daimler-Benz, and BMW. Italian automakers are a bit of a different story, as the leadership of those companies never voluntarily supported wartime efforts the way their German counterparts did - the Italian factories were forcibly nationalized by the fascist left-wing regimes.

As to the DeLorean specifically, it's a specialty vehicle for me and unique (no American equivalent existed). And it's construction was primarily done by fair trade wartime allies (sole exception being the Bosch K-Jet system), thus it's OK in my book!

Over the years, my daily driver's have consisted of:

1 Pontiac, Michigan built 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais;
    1 Wentzville, Missouri built 1985 Buick Electra Park Avenue;
    3 Hamtramck, Michigan built 1993, 1994, 1995 Cadillac Eldorados;
    1 Lansing, Michigan built 1996 Cadillac Eldorado;
    1 St. Louis, Missouri built 2001 Dodge Ram 3500;
    2 Brampton, Ontario, Canada built 2006, 2008 Chrysler 300s;
    1 Detroit, Michigan built 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I believe my record speaks for itself
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Oh you're one of those people. I guess that follows. I did expect as much, but well done on your most convenient rationalizations. LoLz, if everybody thought that way we'd still be fighting wouldnt we? To each his own I suppose. At least (it would appear) you genuinely try to keep your business in the country, and not just talk shit. What I take issue with is your self righteous attitude about. As if by doing this, your above everyone who doesn't. Perhaps you don't mean to come off this way, but it does. At least to me. But hey, good for you dude, good for you!

VIN
    You have outdone yourself James, you are much more of an asshole than I had originally thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You have outdone yourself James, you are much more of an asshole than I had originally thought...
    Well that wasn't very "nice".