Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "You're a sinking ship Robertson"

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I will say whatever I want.

Talk moderators behaved badly. I am not going to turn a blind eye or pretend it didn't happen.

Why do you even care what gets said over here? I thought Today was a gnat on Talk's big elephant....

Bill Robertson
    As you should! What that is, is the problem...
    It doesn't make sense to act badly on someone else's nickel and call the repercussions 'the mods acting bad' then escalate things to the point that the mods act in like manner then blame it all on them (And take it out on EVERYONE). Especially after the slate is wiped clean, and repeated over and over -- Not for freakin' years over the silly shit Bill. Not when it is several forums. Not when the so many people have pointed this out to you.

As I said, you refused to answer emails, us reaching out to common friends (real ones), pissing away second chances, and just keep on poking and calling the responses bashing you -- And the branches whither away.

Your answer speaks volumes -- I'll just set back and let your actions say the rest now.

DONE!

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Personally, I don't see Bill coming off as "pissed at the world."

Second, why the threat to ban Bill over a single PM? Not cool IMHO.

Third, Bill is NOT a non-stop hate fest over here, as implied. He occasionally mentions stuff from the past or references how other members on Talk told him his ideas/practices were faulty/wrong, but they're usually on point to whatever the topic is. Personally, I don't have a problem with how Bill has conducted himself on this forum.

I thought that Ron was going to ignore Bill's "ranting reply" - so what happened?

Bill's car runs great and he drives it all the time - pics all over this forum prove that. I'm sure that Ron's car runs as well, but am uncertain as to how much he actually drives his. Bill heavily modified his car and it works. Why Ron feels the need to declare Bill's mods as a hack job and make fun of his pepsi bottle limp home tactic, I honestly don't have a clue as I'm not sure what doing so accomplishes other than goading an argument??? Honestly - who cares?!?! Because we all know that my car runs better than both your cars combined and I'm still rocking the original belts, Ducey, Lucas electrics, etc - so there

NightFlyer is declared the winner!
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

To Whomever It May Concern:

An offer recently was extended by DMCTalk moderators to rejoin their forum. I politely declined:

"Thanks for the offer, but Steve has created a very nice forum where my presence is welcome. I'll stay here for the time being.

I would appreciate it if my Talk photo archives could be deleted. Everything is being replicated over here.

Bill."

I will indeed let those words speak for themselves.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    As I said, you refused to answer emails....
    I do not anticipate answering any eMails (or PM's) from you. That is my prerogative.

I answered Mike's PM politely and timely.

Bill Robertson

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Personally, I don't see Bill coming off as "pissed at the world."

Second, why the threat to ban Bill over a single PM? Not cool IMHO.

Third, Bill is NOT a non-stop hate fest over here, as implied. He occasionally mentions stuff from the past or references how other members on Talk told him his ideas/practices were faulty/wrong, but they're usually on point to whatever the topic is. Personally, I don't have a problem with how Bill has conducted himself on this forum.

I thought that Ron was going to ignore Bill's "ranting reply" - so what happened?

Bill's car runs great and he drives it all the time - pics all over this forum prove that. I'm sure that Ron's car runs as well, but am uncertain as to how much he actually drives his. Bill heavily modified his car and it works. Why Ron feels the need to declare Bill's mods as a hack job and make fun of his pepsi bottle limp home tactic, I honestly don't have a clue as I'm not sure what doing so accomplishes other than goading an argument??? Honestly - who cares?!?! Because we all know that my car runs better than both your cars combined and I'm still rocking the original belts, Ducey, Lucas electrics, etc - so there

NightFlyer is declared the winner!
    You haven't been around, so you don't know how spot the buttons hidden between the lines... I could point you to a dozen people who have told him the same thing - not admins or "in the click"... but you don't really care about all of that no more than I do.

Let's get it straight -I threatened to ban him IF he sent me any PMs with drama in it not related to this forum. I can't very well put him or anyone else on ignore as an admin, now can I? Admin or not that's BS.

I don't have a problem with how he has conducted himself here either. If he wants to push buttons fine. If he wants to twist things that is fine to. I don't think harping about years old crap is good for the forum unless Steve wants a circle jerk, but I haven't said any thing else about that, ...except the twisted lie, if you want to count that.

So you think his reply was a rant? Maybe, I am guilty of doing the same thing you and I did in PMs. In fact he did it too...does that still count?
    Seriously, that wasn't a "Bill rant."

How often I drive my D has nothing to do with ANYTHING in this thread. I mentioned the plastic bottle of fuel as a tit for his tat and pointed out how dangerous it is -- Surely you aren't going to stick up for that shit and call approved containers government nanny law BS!Never mind, I don't care.
    No mention of him slinging the car running bit out of nowhere in the first place..hmmmmm
    Not the only thing like that...hmmmmm

Speaking of which, what happened to us nixing the controversy -- Bill is quite capable of sticking up for himself, and there is no denying a large percent was a carryover from his if we are going to be totally truthful. Now, I understand where you are coming from and am not saying you aren't holding up your end, just that it is needless and not what I expected (typing in a hurry I have someone waiting....)
    That makes me wonder about your true intentions (no implication here), seeing as how you didn't even mention his refusal of the olive branch, or some variation , either. Which had absolutely nothing to do with his being able to speak his mind, except maybe the ancient past that would never apply if everyone did what they should (It's covered thoroughly by hours of reading already anyway), if you follow me.

I'm not going to argue with you on Bill's behalf for GP. Beside, if I did that here, it is all I would do and I am hoping that eventually the membership will grow and the BS will shrink -- non-minions (sorry, I can't think of a better word at the moment, seriously) will force it, or it will not grow into what it could.

CYA - hopefully on a better note.

Same sh*t, different forum....

Joe Louis was right: I can run, but I can not hide -- the bullies will still find me.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    I mentioned the plastic bottle of fuel as a tit for his tat and pointed out how dangerous it is -- Surely you aren't going to stick up for that shit and call approved containers government nanny law BS!Never mind, I don't care.
    Bill knew what he was doing and only used it to limp home with (probably because of a broken fuel pump or issues with a fuel line). Personally, I've done quite a few things similar to this myself to get a downed vehicle home without having to resort to a proper tow, which can be quite expensive.

And actually, I can't stand the current government approved so-called 'spill-proof' containers, with the self aerating nozzles - they're pieces of crap. All of the ones I've purchase have broke within 3 months of moderate usage and leak like a sieve because the o-rings don't ever want to properly seat when re-attaching the nozzle after filling them. So yeah, that is nothing more than nanny state BS.

This is CRAP:

This is AWESOME:

But according to the all mighty government, I can't have one of the good ones, because they were deemed unsafe just because a few complete morons couldn't figure out how to use them properly. Stossel did a show about a company that tried to continue producing this style of can, but was shut down by government regulators. That is BS no matter how you slice it!

--Josh S.

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    If he knew what he was doing, he would not do that...as I said, shit happens --I've seen it.

Yeah those are pieces of China made shit. I was talking about the plastic Coke/Pepsi/? bottle sitting on top of a hot running engine, not the one in his floor board - Give me a break, OK?

VIN
    If he knew what he was doing, he would not do that...as I said, shit happens --I've seen it.
    How else was he to get his car home? It worked and didn't cause any troubles, so I don't have a problem with using such a method in a jam / emergency situation. In fact, I wish that i could have done something like this when I had my fuel line blow-out a month and a half ago - it would have saved me a $175 tow truck fee. Not to mention that I had to wait 1.5 hours in a bad part of town for the tow truck to arrive, where I was approach by obvious gang members and offered a bottle of vodka and a joint if I let them take pictures with my car.

--Josh S.

Tempest in a teapot -- neither K-Jetters nor EFIers can gravity feed their fuel delivery. The number of owners who could follow my terrible example are limited indeed.

FWIW: lawnmowers are gravity fed.

Bill Robertson