Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "You're a sinking ship Robertson"

Oh grow up.

I can't help it if mass PM's get cc'd to you too. It's not as though I replied directly to you -- in fact quite the opposite: my tongue in cheek reply was obviously intended for Steve. You just happened to get scooped up because for some inexplicable reason Steve made you an administrator.

Notice that I ignored your single recipient reply from that message.... Word up: don't hold your breath waiting for an intentional PM from me. You may get scooped up in mass replies from time to time, but read text therein -- I will be responding to someone else. My eyes tend to glaze over your barbs and jabs.

Yes, DMCTalk did indeed extend an olive branch and offered to let me rejoin their forum. My reply (to a different Talk moderator, not Ron):

"Thanks for the offer, but Steve has created a very nice forum where my presence is welcome. I'll stay here for the time being.

I would appreciate it if my Talk photo archives could be deleted. Everything is being replicated over here.

Bill."

(Have those Talk photo archives been deleted yet?)

I do not bother you on your forum. Why are you bothering me on mine?

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 10-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    ?

Are you talking about this:

Attachment 807

Follow the hose -- bottle is feeding the bowl. Carburetor operated normally. Functionally identical to a Cessna (gravity fed fuel supply). Personally I thought it was a pretty ingenious way to avoid a towing charge, but I guess you can call it "dumbass" if you want. Not very nice, but free speech hasn't shut down along with the rest of the government.

Dare I say it: even in the case of that roadside fuel pump failure, my car still ran....

Bill Robertson
    Yes it is (we've ALL seen the pic before).

Why the "?"...Oh. Well, excuse me for being terminally dense, Mr Ingenious, but I fail to see how that would help the 12 gallons of fuel leaking out of my accumulator hose in the mean time. Or, are you changing the subject to avoid the issue so you can strut around taking claim for some dumbass thing people were doing before you were born?

You do know that only half of the fuel will exit the bottle and when the carb bowl runs out you will have a lean condition making it prone to backfire, right into the bottle don't you?
    Since you love to post that pic so much, try sending it to your insurance company.

I'll let James reply on the free speech comment as that is his bag...oh yeah.

With all due respect, you come across publicly as something of a bully.

I am well aware that the bottle could only run halfway down. I was there.... I carried a gas can on the passenger floorboard. Every time the bottle level dropped below the neck (bowl ran dry) I coasted to the side of the road and topped the bottle back off. Even with a high compression 460 I discovered that by being very gentle on the accelerator and keeping my speed down I could get almost a mile before refilling. Drove the car 10 miles that way.

Bill Robertson

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Oh grow up.
    Now that is the best laugh I have had in quite a while.

I can't help it if mass PM's get cc'd to you too. It's not as though I replied directly to you -- in fact quite the opposite: my tongue in cheek reply was obviously intended for Steve. You just happened to get scooped up because for some inexplicable reason Steve made you an administrator.

Notice that I ignored your single recipient reply from that message.... Word up: don't hold your breath waiting for an intentional PM from me. You may get scooped up in mass replies from time to time, but read text therein -- I will be responding to someone else. My eyes tend to glaze over your barbs and jabs.
    You said you checked and never sent me a PM, even with me telling you to get help with group messages if you needed it. WTH? It's right in the message where you sent it. It was a "single recipient reply" that you admit ignoring, so you had to know you sent it regardless of why or intent. You can't play genius and dumb both -- You lied (to perpetuate this crap, probably banking on this BS to cover it up)!

Yes, DMCTalk did indeed extend an olive branch and offered to let me rejoin their forum. My reply (to a different Talk moderator, not Ron):...
    I offered you several olive branches, for ~years. Common knowledge. Even let your aliases ride, at the objections of the others, but what did you do with that....?

If you want something done on Talk, I suggest you make use of the olive branch he gave you and get him to pick up your toys. You should know it is not "my" forum since you were banned from it how many times before I was even a mod?

I hate to drag things back on topic, but someone who pitches tantrums without regard to what effect it has on others involved have no room to tell others to grow up...Like I said, tit for tat -- Only you can end it, Bill.

Ended. You're over there, I'm over here.

Of course you're over here too....

Bill Robertson

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    With all due respect, you come across publicly as something of a bully.

I am well aware that the bottle could only run halfway down. I was there.... I carried a gas can on the passenger floorboard. Every time the bottle level dropped below the neck (bowl ran dry) I coasted to the side of the road and topped the bottle back off. Even with a high compression 460 I discovered that by being very gentle on the accelerator and keeping my speed down I could get almost a mile before refilling. Drove the car 10 miles that way.

Bill Robertson
    With all due respect, on the net, you come across as pissed at the world.
    And, 99.999% of the people tell me I was way to easy on people. A LOT said they wished Sean never left, that I should have learned from the past, etc, etc. I have the 3rd highest post count on Talk with 99% of it helping people, despite (your, et al) disruptions, which people thanked me for stopping. You will have to do better than that to avoid the question(s) and put me on the defensive.

I didn't say you were not careful while doing something dangerous. There are a lot of other things can go wrong, shit happens that you can't expect, control, or prepare for. Pour some in the bowl vent, fine. But that shit is crazy. Your excuses will not matter when someone gets burnt -- I have seen it several times with less risky things than that.

Tit for tat -- tic toc.

You're still here? Don't you have another forum to run?

For some reason you seem to be spoiling for a fight this morning. Bad news is: I'm not taking the bait.

Bill Robertson

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Ended. You're over there, I'm over here.

Of course you're over here too....

Bill Robertson
    No, I'm over here.

Does this mean you will nix the Talk, Ron, Sean, et al bashing, including snipes, innuendos, etc. 100%, at least from the past?
    I'm all for it -- I think everyone is.
    I'll even let you keep the injector you owe me as a peace offering?

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    You're still here? Don't you have another forum to run?

For some reason you seem to be spoiling for a fight this morning. Bad news is: I'm not taking the bait.

Bill Robertson
    FYI - I resigned on Talk days ago (more common knowledge you missed) so Steve made admin here.

No, I was responding to your BS...You just typically refuse to answer and back up your BS. You can call it bait if you want to, but the proof above shows your stomach must be quite full by now.

NIX it as above, YES or NO?

I will say whatever I want.

Talk moderators behaved badly. I am not going to turn a blind eye or pretend it didn't happen.

Why do you even care what gets said over here? I thought Today was a gnat on Talk's big elephant....

Bill Robertson