Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "You're a sinking ship Robertson"

"You're a sinking ship Robertson"

If the Talk.com archives are ever restored you can see where Josh proclaimed "you're a sinking ship Robertson" and urged other forum members to join him in a crusade to get me kicked off the forum, which was a positive experience for those who don't like me.

Bill Robertson

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    If the Talk.com archives are ever restored you can see where Josh proclaimed "you're a sinking ship Robertson" and urged other forum members to join him in a crusade to get me kicked off the forum, which was a positive experience for those who don't like me.

Bill Robertson
    I like you
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN

Bill Robertson
    So, are you POed at him for being right about the sinking ship, or that he agreed with the idea of following the rules while on someone else's nickel?

I'm still here (haven't sunk yet).

My car runs....

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by mydmc5898 View Post
    ... Its not like his car burst into flames.
    Yet.

Bill Robertson

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Yet.

Bill Robertson
    Everyone who's anyone knows that Bill's car is little more than a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off, and when it does, it will undoubtedly claim the lives of innocent children, puppies, kittens, and Panamanian drug lords.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    So, are you POed at him for being right about the sinking ship, or that he agreed with the idea of following the rules while on someone else's nickel?
    I'm still here (haven't sunk yet).

Bill Robertson
    I guess you answered the question via elimination, so tell us- Why shouldn't one follow the rules while on someone else's nickle? Why should totally innocent members and their threads suffer in the mean time?
    Better yet, why go on about ancient crap at all when you have Today?

My car runs....
    Ok, you don't want to be nice. Just proves many's point. Fine.

I wonder if you know how ridiculous your little stab is (and has been all along). As many know, other than a busted accumulator hose and a binding caliper preventing me from making it on the way to a couple of meets, the obvious extent of your knowledge, my D has been in good running condition since before I knew you. And since you love to split the finest of hairs, it has been all along, except for time to swap out a battery, do upgrades, etc. I just chose not to let it leak until it ran out of fuel or burn up my caliper, instead of trickle fuel down its throat from a Pepsi bottle, like some dumbass we know. Just because you see a question or comment on Talk doesn't mean it is 1669... I work on them all the time. There are three here now and there has been at least one or two for years.

I'm sorry if you couldn't figure out K-Jet and your solution was to hack, or improvise if you wish, your car and get the rest of the world to conform to your way of doing things to fit in -- Not gonna float.
    (BTW- Your explanation of the TTS here is grossly incomplete).

P.S. QUIT SENDING ME PMs that you are not going to answer replies to. If you send me any more with drama in it (not related to the site itself), I will ban you. If you don't know how to edit group forwards, ask for help.

P.P.S. Your ranting reply will be ignored.

STEVE SUCKS

Oh dear, you appear to have gotten hopelessly lost -- crap on Bill posts go on DMCTalk.

Just checked my sent messages -- I have never sent you a single PM.

Please be advised: I ran K-Jet quite successfully (Eurospec, thank you very much) for two years. Back when SEDOC was a real club, hosting odd year events that nearly rivaled DCS, I made a very nice weekend trip on my Eurospec K-Jet to SEDOC'03 at Lake Lanier (that's where I won my current power window regulators as a door prize). I made at least half a dozen trips to/from Washington DC on my Eurospec K-Jet. It went to DMA FFT'03 in New Jersey (where I first met David Teitelbaum in person). And I was almost ready to drive my Eurospec K-Jet to DCS'04 when the engine developed a rot hole in the upper oil galley. A replacement engine, with proprietary Robertsonian carburetion engineering, was installed in less than two weeks, and I still made it to Pigeon Forge (that actually was the test drive -- project was finished the night before).

BTW: I couldn't run K-Jet on my current PRV even if I wanted to -- no injector bungs:

BillHeadsNoInjectorBungs.jpg

My car runs. Live with it. I drive the shit out of the thing. Hardly ever even wash the poor beast -- just perform basic maintenance and go. This year has actually been pretty light: trips to/from Pennsylvania, Indiana, Louisiana, DC twice, and Maryland next week. Tomorrow I'm driving it down to Myrtle Beach. You don't have to like it, but you really ought to come to peace with it.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 10-05-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    ... I just chose not to let it leak until it ran out of fuel or burn up my caliper, instead of trickle fuel down its throat from a Pepsi bottle, like some dumbass we know....
    ?

Are you talking about this:

LincolnCheerWineBottle.jpg

Follow the hose -- bottle is feeding the bowl. Carburetor operated normally. Functionally identical to a Cessna (gravity fed fuel supply). Personally I thought it was a pretty ingenious way to avoid a towing charge, but I guess you can call it "dumbass" if you want. Not very nice, but free speech hasn't shut down along with the rest of the government.

Dare I say it: even in the case of that roadside fuel pump failure, my car still ran....

Bill Robertson

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Oh dear, you appear to have gotten hopelessly lost -- crap on Bill posts go on DMCTalk.
    Let's see, instead of answering a legitimate question, you take an unprovoked stab at me with a worn out, ridiculous, false implication. And instead of owning up to it (and claims of the past) on how my car runs, or debunk my claims, you post a manuscript on how great you and the running condition of your car are, a tired rerun from several forums? All after I have thrown out the olive branch multiple times- even on this board.
    Simply stating the facts, nicely, to show you how ridiculous you look to people who know is bashing Bill -- No, it's typical Bill!

Just checked my sent messages -- I have never sent you a single PM.
    Note yet another olive branch in 2nd pic.

Image6.jpgImage4.jpg

LIAR!

My car runs. Live with it.
    You don't have to like it, but you really ought to come to peace with it.
    I'm glad your car runs well, Bill. Never implied otherwise, ever!
    You brought the subject of car's running condition up and it was about my car -- I didn't say a word about your's, and never have in that respect, EVER, IIRC.
    Typical Bill!

I'm tit for tat -- Keep slinging the false implications and acting an ass here where things don't get deleted and people will catch on to your BS. Or, you could ditch the act and make it easier on EVERYONE.
    Again, only you can do it Bill.