Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spec .01 Dual Exhaust

Are you sure a 2" flare will fit? That's a 2" flare I was holding in my hand. My manifolds are something like 1.5" (I'll measure them tomorrow).

#2508 is in a massive holding pattern. There are several projects in line ahead of it. When I finally do put it on the road, I may install Jeff Dickey's old 3.0 instead of the 2.8 block I pulled out. It has good exhaust stud holes the whole way round.

#5939 is running 7mm carbon studs with stainless nuts & washers (1/8" thick). It also has one 7mm stainless stud I made as an experiment.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Yup, they fit. See pics.

I think for simplicity I will just buy DMCH studs, nuts and washers. 7mm is such a PITA to procure.

What did you do for gaskets?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Still conjuring up something witty.... in the meantime, check out NealVenturesLLC.com

Either your manifolds are different from mine, or you don't have a 2" flare.

Flare is about 1/2" wider than the tubing, so it's physically impossible for a 2" flare to fit my manifolds -- outer diameter of the manifold mating surface itself is 2":

2InchFlarePeugeot.jpg PeugeotFlare.jpg

Irrespective, you don't use gaskets with flare matings like these -- flare itself forms the seal, just like a brake line fitting.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Different pipes. This is what I got, and as you can see from the pictures, fits fine. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-41724

I realize they don't use a gasket, thanks. I was referring to the manifold to the block..... but since you haven't put those headers on, I'm guessing you don't have the answer. Thanks anyway.
    Still conjuring up something witty.... in the meantime, check out NealVenturesLLC.com

Those adapters step down, so they aren't a 2" manifold mating -- I'm guessing somewhere between 1.5" and 1.75".

Just use standard PRV exhaust manifold gaskets. #5939 has a pair of Hervey's stainless gaskets, but he doesn't sell those anymore. I bought fiber gaskets from Midwest for #2508.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Hey Bill, while I wait for DMCH to get the exhaust manifold gaskets in stock (they've got 1 model to support, how tough can it be to manage inventory?), I need to now order the tubing. I have the cats & mufflers hanging nicely. I'm looking at McMaster C. and the 304 SS only comes in 2" and 2.25" ID sizes. I measure the need for 2.125" (the OD of the manifold adapters and the cat ins). In reading your previous post, you state that twisting the tubing expands or contracts it a bit. Would I be able to get 1/8" of diameter? IE, if I buy the 2" and twist it, will it expand to 2 1/8" and fit snugly? It beats buying the 2 1/4" and having it loose!
    Thanks.

Im very impressed if Bill's flex tubing has lasted this long, leak-free. Toby told me it would leak at DCS 2004.

Have you had to wrap much tape around it, Bill????

It's stainless steel -- why would it leak?

Mufflers themselves are plain carbon -- I am pleasantly surprised they've lasted this long.

Bill Robertson

Bill i think Spittybug would like an answer also.

VIN
    Indeed I would.