Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Spec .01 Dual Exhaust

VIN
    Sometimes it pays to read, duh. It was right in front of my face........High-Temp Type 304 SS Duct Hose for Fumes Light Weight, 1-7/8" ID, 2-1/32" OD
    This item is no longer available. We Suggest 5241K21. Difference: None
    Still conjuring up something witty.... in the meantime, check out NealVenturesLLC.com

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Disadvantage to welding the system is that if you want to replace a muffler or glass pack or whatever you're running at some point in the future, you'll have to cut as opposed to un-clamping.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    BTW - Welcome to forum Spitty
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    BTW - Welcome to forum Spitty
    Yeah, no shit! Spittybug finds our discussion to meet his standards??

cat-emoticons-blown-away+(Small).jpg

VIN
    Its amazing how there is much less hate on this forum. If Bill were preaching Spec .01 on that other forum he would be banned in an instant for showing pictures of his crankshaft pulley.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Here are the pics of the headers I have. Can anyone identify? I believe the orientation is such that the outlet pipes face forward (car), but I don't know if they can go the other way around or not.

When it comes to exhaust tubing sizing, is referred to by its OD or ID? I included a shot with a tape measure, what diameter flex tube would this call for? Notice too that the passenger side header has port for EGR? I'm going to have to put a piece of straight tubing inline somewhere so that I can get my 02 probe inserted via a bung. You carb guys don't have to worry about that.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Still conjuring up something witty.... in the meantime, check out NealVenturesLLC.com

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Twist the tubing after sliding it on. Can't remember which direction (I'll check tomorrow in the sunshine), but because it's spiral wound, one direction increases the inside diameter and the other direction decreases it.
    Turn the tubing clockwise to tighten it.

You may discover that guillotine clamps aren't even necessary afterwards.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 05-28-2014 at 11:31 AM.

If it were me, I would grind off that unusual tapered portion and weld in a piece of straight pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Here are the pics of the headers I have. Can anyone identify?
    I've got a set of those too. Came with my Peugeot sourced engine, so I've just been calling them Peugeot manifolds:

PeugeotExhaustManifold1.jpg

They are designed to accept a flared exhaust end like this:

PeugeotExhaustManifold2.jpg

Problem as you can see is their extremely small size. Certainly doesn't match any of my Ford fittings (2"). Probably wouldn't match anything from Jegs or Summit either. You might have success shopping European suppliers:

PeugeotExhaustManifold3.jpg

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Bill, I got the adapters at Summit Racing believe it or not. 2" so I'm making the whole thing 2". I've got the cats and the mufflers, hangers and the clamps. Got the old stuff out today for the most part... What a bear! On the drivers side 4 of the 6 studs came out, but 2 of them stayed in and the nuts came off. Secret to extracting studs? Passenger side manifold tomorrow. Will flare the muffler ends to accept cat pipes and probably weld them. Did you tap all of your virgin holes and go larger? DMH has the 7mm guys for $1.80 apiece iirc. Did you buy their gaskets or make your own?
    Thanks, looking forward to the new system.