Thread: How to replace an oil pressure sending unit

VIN

How to replace an oil pressure sending unit

This video shows where the oil pressure sending unit is, how to do a simple test, and of course how to replace it.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Thanks for this Steve! So the corvette unit has the correct calibration for the gauge?

VIN
    Yep. Its calibrated for 80 psi and works nicely. Plus, if you buy the thing at AutoZone you get a nifty lifetime warranty.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Nice! Look forward to installing mine!

For reference, typical oil pressure is high on these cars. At an 800-900 rpm idle when hot, you can expect to see the gauge just below the 3:00 position. Anything higher than 1000 rpm tends to push it to almost 80 psi.

VIN
    My reproduction sender from DMC is mfunctioning. When the car is hot it reads at the quarter mark under acceleration. Sometimes it twitches up. I may try this one.

what is the reference number for the corvette unit?

VIN
    Part # PS133 at Autozone

VIN
    5786, 3196
    Thank you for this! I just replaced the sending units on both of our DeLoreans with the AutoZone units, and they both work great! There's no more of the gauge being pegged at 80 or straight up at idle.