Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Thirdmanj is Hating Over On Talk

  1. #41
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Fine. Let's play with this "be nice" rule. Let me just cruise the threads for a little bit and find some examples of "not nice" behavior. This should be fun.
    Mere citation backed by subjective opinion won't cut it.

    You must prove it with indisputable objective evidence, like I did using Webster's...

    Have fun! I've got to run...
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  2. #42
    How about all the "so and so sucks" posts?
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suck

    Similarly, saying someone is "crying like a baby" can't possibly be "nice".

    An administrator going into a users account and changing their their title to "white trash" certainly isn't nice.

    http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.p...=3029#post3029

    Here, bashing was not only the threads title but it was prompted by the forum's owner!
    How is "bashing" at all nice?
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 10-04-2013 at 02:22 PM.

  3. #43
    Hey James did u say you ran into Sam the other day? Are you living in DC now?

  4. #44
    "Be nice" is all up to interpretation. It could mean everything from "don't make jokes at another's expense" to "there shall be every alternate Tuesday during Ramadan free broccoli casserole prepared by Bulgarian chefs and served by the medal-winners of the latest American pole dancing competition."

    ...in my opinion.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    Hey James did u say you ran into Sam the other day? Are you living in DC now?
    No. Sam was on the highway going to the airport and I was in the D, he saw me and I let him in ahead of me.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    "Be nice" is all up to interpretation. It could mean everything from "don't make jokes at another's expense" to "there shall be every alternate Tuesday during Ramadan free broccoli casserole prepared by Bulgarian chefs and served by the medal-winners of the latest American pole dancing competition."

    ...in my opinion.
    I completely agree. It's ambiguous at best, and can be used to justify damn near anything the Admin wants to find unfit for "Today". It's use as a rule is pretty much non existent. Now, I'll fully admit that I've been a lot more liberal with the profanity than I normally would, but it was to prove a point. You can't very well bill this as an uncensored forum with the caveat that whatever is deemed "not nice" at the Admin's discretion will be removed and the offending party penalized.

  7. #47
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    How about all the "so and so sucks" posts?
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suck
    You obviously missed the context of those posts - they're meant as jokes and are interpreted as such by the recipients. And I know that you're well aware of that context, so why bother?

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Similarly, saying someone is "crying like a baby" can't possibly be "nice".
    I'll need a cite on that, but I'm pretty sure that this again boils down to context, which you're well aware.

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    An administrator going into a users account and changing their their title to "white trash" certainly isn't nice.
    Considering that it was a huge improvement over your self-chosen title and no where near as insulting as it could have been, I'd say it was very NICE

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.p...=3029#post3029

    Here, bashing was not only the threads title but it was prompted by the forum's owner!
    How is "bashing" at all nice?
    Steve created that thread especially for you. And yes, it was very NICE of Steve to permit you to bash him on a forum he owns.

    You lose - try again!
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  8. #48
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    And as expected, the bashing of Today over on Talk continues by thirdmanj (aka Peter Weller)
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  9. #49
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Just keeps getting better - it looks like thirdmanj's thread over on Talk has devolved into a 'let's bash Bill' thread.

    Some people...
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •