Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMCMW Review

Correction: Leif spent most of his time stateside under Dick Brown. He still knew the car intimately:

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Uh oh, Julee's here -- time to stop talking smack about vendors.

... Your best option then was for Houston ship to Midwest in bulk, then let Midwest parcel parts out to individual customers. Don't know if that's still the case.

Bill Robertson
    About talking smack... I like to stick to the "be nice" rule.

As far as parts supply goes, DMC Midwest chooses to purchase and stock a large inventory in order to be able to supply our customers with the parts they need in a timely fashion.
    Julee <><
    DMC Midwest
    julee@delorean.com
    815-459-6439

The mid 2000's were a dark time for Houston. You'd order one part, but something totally different would show up.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I've been doing business with DMCMW since they opened their shop in Crystal Lake and I'm proud to say that I've never had an instance of grief in regards to their services.

I'm not the most mechanically-inclined in regards to the DeLorean and have had them do nearly everything that my car needed or that I thought it needed. As a result, I have over $40,000 worth of receipts for various fixes and upgrades and there would have been more, had Dave not told me things like "there's no need to replace the starter with a shinier one" instead of trying to make a quick buck.

During all this work, my car exhibited countless "well, that's something I've never seen before" problems and they've managed to get it straightened out. Were it not for them, I'd have swapped everything out on my car to the point where it would have been, essentially, a Cadillac with a DeLorean body.

As far as people go, Dave and Julee are two of the best that I've ever met in my life. They expressed care and concern beyond the scope of the "is your car running" business relationship that you have with most mechanics.

I can not say enough good things about them.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    ... Were it not for them, I'd have swapped everything out on my car to the point where it would have been, essentially, a Cadillac with a DeLorean body....
    A Ford in a DeLorean body actually works better.

IMHO.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    A Ford in a DeLorean body actually works better.

IMHO.

Bill Robertson
    Perhaps, but I'm intimately familiar with Cadillac instead.

Though, since I doubt that my car will sell any time soon, I'm willing to purchase the carb manifold from you in advance of 2014 and, should it not be needed, return it unused if I should be wrong.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Julee View Post
    About talking smack... I like to stick to the "be nice" rule.

As far as parts supply goes, DMC Midwest chooses to purchase and stock a large inventory in order to be able to supply our customers with the parts they need in a timely fashion.
    There's one exception to the "be nice" rule - you can always talk smack about Bill and he's allowed to talk smack about himself but not others
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    ...Prone to car sickenss and a little scared of Australian spiders though .........
    Next time you come to the States, I will put you in the back seat and take you on a drive of "The Tail of the Dragon" for a little payback!

Fortunately, I saw NO spiders on our visit!! I really do appreciate your keeping them away while we were in town.
    Julee <><
    DMC Midwest
    julee@delorean.com
    815-459-6439

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Julee View Post
    Next time you come to the States, I will put you in the back seat and take you on a drive of "The Tail of the Dragon" for a little payback!

Fortunately, I saw NO spiders on our visit!! I really do appreciate your keeping them away while we were in town.
    Ha - or you could just take him on a ride down the Dan Ryan / Kennedy during rush hour traffic
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Haha!!

Looking forward to pay back!!