Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMCMW Review

VIN

DMCMW Review

I figure its about time we say something positive about a vendor, so here are my two cents about DMCMW.

Dave and Julie are great. I love doing business with them so much and Julie is always a pleasure to talk on the phone with. Somehow she manages to keep me smiling, even when I end up spending lots of money on parts.

A few months ago I purchased a steering rack from them at the DMCMW open house. Because I didn't want to create a conflict of interest, I waited until I was in the hotel parking lot to change the thing out. I just didn't think it would be right to work on my car in their place of business where they charge for their services.

Anyhow, with the assistance of Jim Reeve and a few other friends, we tackled the job in about two hours. Once the job was done, to my surprise Dave and Julie showed up (at midnight) to check and see if everything was fine. Unfortunately I wasn't there when they pulled up as I was test driving the car, but it meant a lot to me when I heard they showed up just to check on me.

Anyway, thats just one of my stories about how great they are. I live about four hours from Houston and much much farther from Crystal Lake, IL but I make all of my DMCH purchases with them just because they are awesome. If you are reading this, keep up the great work!
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I'll add that I've also purchased a few things from DMCMW and I've really liked their customer service. Dave especially is knowledgeable and helpful on the phone, essentially the exact opposite of John Hervey. I just ordered a carpet set from them last week.

I've also spent over $1k at DMCH and have no issues there either. James Espy has always been helpful to me when I needed something.

When I do go to DMCMW instead of DMCH, it's usually to save on the tax. Depending on what it is or how much it is, sometimes it works out better for me to order out of state and pay zero sales tax than to pay both sales tax and shipping from Houston. I guess guys who live in a state where this is no DMC presence don't really have that issue.
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

Always great service from D&J. Their gold standard reputation is much deserved.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    I visited Dave and Julee 4 or 5 times while reawakening my car from an extended storage situation - benefit of my parent's being just across the border in Wisconsin and about a 40 minute drive away.

I purchased roughly $1,700 in parts combined during these trips, which included the fuel pump/sender combo unit, a rebuilt fuel distributor, brake master cylinder, etc. And they always had exactly what i needed/wanted in stock and ready to be carried out the door - which made it possible for me to take my car to the Woodward Dream Cruise this year.

Every time we walked through the door, Dave came out from his office ready to assist with any questions that me or my father had and would even demonstrate tests/procedures on their K-Jet mock-up or on parts/cars in the work shop. He even attempted to talk us out of purchasing ignition components (such as the Bosch coil), convinced that the problems we were experiencing were fuel related and not ignition - he was right, BTW. One of the few times that I've actually had a business person attempt to talk me out of buying something that I wanted to purchase from them - a very refreshing experience that instilled a feeling of trust with the customer.

We also NEVER felt like we were being patronized or talked down to, but rather treated as equals, despite Dave's clearly superior knowledge of the engineering/mechanics of our cars. Again, this was a breath of fresh air!

When we did finally get my car running again, it was a bittersweet moment, as Dave and Julee had become akin to close friend/family members and there was no longer a reason to make the trek down to Crystal Lake. I only wish that I had the time to stop by with my car before returning to Michigan so that they could have seen it, but will be sure to stop by with it on trips back to Wisconsin

We were so impressed with the DMC-Midwest experience that we even bought everyone in the shop lunch during one of our visits!

Dave and Julee are FIRST CLASS all the way and have definitely earned my endorsement and seal of approval

Now if only we could get them to register here on Today...
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    I buy everything from Dave and Julee too. They are the best people to deal with. They always make you feel like YOU are the important one and that YOU are the reason they are in business. Most of the guys here in the Toronto area prefer to do their purchasing through them too. If they can help you they will. A call to Dave will get you free technical advice and suggestions. And Julee has made long distance phone calls just to follow up and make sure the parts arrived on time. She doesn't have to do that, but she does! Amazing customer service. Amazing!

......Mike......

VIN
    Thank you for the kind words and the invite!
    Julee <><
    DMC Midwest
    julee@delorean.com
    815-459-6439

VIN
    Awesome Vendors!!

Prone to car sickenss and a little scared of Australian spiders though .........

Uh oh, Julee's here -- time to stop talking smack about vendors.

In all seriousness, after Lief Montin retired Houston had a terrible time getting orders correct. Doesn't appear to have been contingency or preparation for anyone else to do his job. Your best option then was for Houston ship to Midwest in bulk, then let Midwest parcel parts out to individual customers. Don't know if that's still the case.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 10-01-2013 at 08:53 AM.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    In all seriousness, after Lief Montin retired...
    I'm confused. Is that another name for Warren? I've never dealt with Warren but I always assumed he was the parts guru at DMCH until he retired. I've heard a lot of good things about that man.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Warren was the lead mechanic. Lief ran the parts bins.

Lief worked in the original Dunmurry plant, making sure parts bins were properly stocked at the assembly stations. He knew every nut & bolt that went into the car. I believe he came to DMCH via Consolidated.

Bill Robertson