Thread: DPI no-sweat clutch reservoir hose

DPI no-sweat clutch reservoir hose

Just installed this today. Little tricky because the material kinks easily if you dont get it just right.

We'll see if it sweats like the NOS one did.

Autozone sells 3/8" transmission cooler hose (specifically formulated for hydraulic fluid) by the foot....

If you really want to go hardcore: McMaster sells nylon core hydraulic hose that I 100% guarantee won't sweat anything. Note however that it is a total bitch to install on barbed fittings. I bought some to replace an A/C hose on my school bus, then regretted it until the damn barbs were finally pushed in. Pressure rating is 2,000 PSI.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    MattDavid: How well is this working for you? I am about to replace the master and see that the hose is sweating bad (when I noticed my master was leaking the fluid was low and the hose seemed dry).

Bill: You indicate the hose is 3/8", ID I presume. That seems large and want to double check before I start.
    No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!

Quote Originally Posted by NKemp View Post
    MattDavid: How well is this working for you? I am about to replace the master and see that the hose is sweating bad (when I noticed my master was leaking the fluid was low and the hose seemed dry).

Bill: You indicate the hose is 3/8", ID I presume. That seems large and want to double check before I start.
    NKemp, I had bought a brand new NOS hose that started sweating after about 1 year or so. This one is still dry as a bone, but it has not passed the 1 year mark yet. The only trick is make sure you don't kink it, and if you twist it ever so slightly, it won't.

VIN
    Thanks for the quick reply. Does 3/8" sound right to you?

FWIW ... Brembo appears to offer similar hose for their reservoir.
    Last edited by NKemp; 06-02-2014 at 10:22 AM.
    No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!

I gave Drew Guillory a bunch of Autozone part numbers on the old Google Groups site -- see if he still has them. Some of them were 5/16", which I know would work even on a 3/8" barb. A mixture of transmission cooler hose and power steering fluid hose.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    Just installed this today. Little tricky because the material kinks easily if you dont get it just right.

We'll see if it sweats like the NOS one did.
    A quick google seems to indicate norprene tubing is good for DOT 4.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 12-03-2015 at 06:48 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    A quick google seems to indicate norprene tubing is good for DOT 4.

A local owner tried the clear PVC, but it didn't hold up IIRC.

Linux Janitor
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    A local owner tried the clear PVC, but it didn't hold up IIRC.
    that was me. it was just some 3/8" ID clear PVC tubing from home depot. It lasted about 2 weeks before it started sweating and turning very soft. ordered Rob Grady's replacement hose (Aeorquip AQP rubber) and I've been good ever since.

here's a pic of how the home depot PVC was sweating ~2 weeks into using it:
    2015-09-02 11.52.30.jpg