Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying an accelerator pump for the Bill motorcraft carb

Buying an accelerator pump for the Bill motorcraft carb

I think its time, as there is too much stumbling off the line. Anybody got an autozone link for this kit so I get the right one?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Rebuild Kit for 1971 Ford Truck F100 1/2 ton P/U 2WD 5.0L 2BL OHV 8cyl
    AutoZone Part# 96-215
    Alternate # 27-997A
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Danke!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Help! brand (red packages) also sells just the accelerator pump by itself for $5 or so.

Bill Robertson

Correction: $3.99 at Autozone: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=721324_0_0_

Advance/O Reiley's/etc should also sell it.

Bill Robertson

Sam, you have your car here now?

No, it is in Hampton Roads. I go down every three weeks or so.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Accelerator pump bought and installed. The old one didn't seem to have any tears or leaks, but it did look nasty. (Whitish on the inside.) Afterwards, with the battery charged, it started right up. Drove it around for 20 minutes and it finally stopped bucking and starving itself for fuel. Still slight hesitation, but much better.

Meanwhile, I've lost my directionals. Pulled the fuse, but it looks fine. Did both the bulbs blow at the same time? Is that possible?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Both sides? (If so that's actually 4 bulbs).

Do they light up but not flash, or not light up at all?

Bad accelerator pump shows up as a hard transition from idle to throttle (stumble, sometimes accompanied by valve clatter), not bucking and starving while the throttle plates are open.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Both sides? (If so that's actually 4 bulbs).

Do they light up but not flash, or not light up at all?

Bad accelerator pump shows up as a hard transition from idle to throttle (stumble, sometimes accompanied by valve clatter), not bucking and starving while the throttle plates are open.

Bill Robertson
    Yes, it was dying upon giving it gas. The bad bucking was probably a gummed up system from it not being driven. Guessing, of course.

The directionals don't light up at all.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru