Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Show your latest acquisitions, whatever tf they are

  1. #1

    Show your latest acquisitions, whatever tf they are

    Been busy lately. So busy I took a week off to deal with this and that. During the course of dealing with life, I got the following items that I wasn't especially looking for at the time:

    This old standard oil sign. Rough shape, but from the rust, wear and holes, I assume it's the real deal. I gave it a very LIGHT cleaning with Simple Green after the picture. I think there was a boomer craze for a few years over stuff like this. It is a big one.

    https://imgur.com/a/aVI1y3Z

    Mid century desk chair. I cleaned and polished it to bring it back somewhat. Right now using in place of my crappy Ikea desk chair that makes my neck and back hurt. So far so good.

    https://imgur.com/a/R9eX3Xu

    This firefighter's axe was stored in an unsealed metal box outside an industrial building since 1977. The wood in the handle is so dry, if you tried to use it, it would probably break off and bean you right through the eyeball. I'll try to oil the whole thing. Nice for display I suppose.

    https://imgur.com/a/1flTC3g
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  2. #2
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    6
    A few weeks ago, I got an old grill that was going to the dump(freebie). I cleaned it up and put about 60 bucks of parts on it and she is good as new. I bet we have cooked 20 meals on it since. Our old grill was way too small and on it's last leg, but I bought a new cover for it anyway last winter. Turns out the cover fits the new grill perfectly!

    g1.jpgg2.jpgg4.jpgg6.jpgg5.jpgg7.jpg
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    There's a lot of nostalgia right now for 1950s stuff as well as 1980s and 1990s. Not sure how old that sign is, but people definitely collect it. And mid century is always a big deal. We trade antiques.

    I also buy and sell some Lego. Some of it is big bucks but mostly it isn't. The kids love Star Wars.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Been busy lately. So busy I took a week off to deal with this and that. During the course of dealing with life, I got the following items that I wasn't especially looking for at the time:

    This old standard oil sign. Rough shape, but from the rust, wear and holes, I assume it's the real deal. I gave it a very LIGHT cleaning with Simple Green after the picture. I think there was a boomer craze for a few years over stuff like this. It is a big one.

    https://imgur.com/a/aVI1y3Z

    Mid century desk chair. I cleaned and polished it to bring it back somewhat. Right now using in place of my crappy Ikea desk chair that makes my neck and back hurt. So far so good.

    https://imgur.com/a/R9eX3Xu

    This firefighter's axe was stored in an unsealed metal box outside an industrial building since 1977. The wood in the handle is so dry, if you tried to use it, it would probably break off and bean you right through the eyeball. I'll try to oil the whole thing. Nice for display I suppose.

    https://imgur.com/a/1flTC3g

    I have that same chair in my garage. Mine still has 98% of the back & seat padding still on it. If you want a matching pair come on out for a visit and it's yours.

    I think it will fit in your Delorean's passenger seat or on your luggage rack.

    Nice sign find and artwork. Where did you find it?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jim View Post
    I have that same chair in my garage. Mine still has 98% of the back & seat padding still on it. If you want a matching pair come on out for a visit and it's yours.

    I think it will fit in your Delorean's passenger seat or on your luggage rack.

    Nice sign find and artwork. Where did you find it?
    Thanks! Sign was in Dad's stuff. All secrets of Dad's stuff died with him but... there's mountains of junk and on a rare occasion I come across something actually worthy, like the sign.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80's View Post
    Chuckie Cheese is scary as shit! Almost as scary as the "pizza" they served!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    Also bought a shop vac. To understand how exciting this is, you need to know I've never lived in a real house before, where you'd bother with such a thing.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Also bought a shop vac. To understand how exciting this is, you need to know I've never lived in a real house before, where you'd bother with such a thing.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    THAT SUCKS
    Welcome to the world of home ownership. I hope you got one with a huge garage.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jim View Post
    THAT SUCKS
    Welcome to the world of home ownership. I hope you got one with a huge garage.
    Alas. It's a rental. Just moved cross country. Ask me in a year. But the DeLorean arrives next Saturday.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •