Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DPI Performance Exhaust

VIN

DPI Performance Exhaust

This is for Josh, since he's proving so hard to get hold of.

https://deloreanindustries.com/delorean-spec-i-exhaust/

Is the purpose of this:

1. As a replacement part?
    2. To thug up the exhaust sound?
    3. To thug up Josh? (i.e, line his pockets)
    4. To be a more reliable and shinier part?
    5. To add horse power?
    6. Something else?
    7. All of the above.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    This is for Josh, since he's proving so hard to get hold of.

https://deloreanindustries.com/delorean-spec-i-exhaust/

Is the purpose of this:

1. As a replacement part?
    2. To thug up the exhaust sound?
    3. To thug up Josh? (i.e, line his pockets)
    4. To be a more reliable and shinier part?
    5. To add horse power?
    6. Something else?
    7. All of the above.
    Maybe you should actually buy a DeLorean first before you go questioning parts and vendor motives.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Maybe you should actually buy a DeLorean first before you go questioning parts and vendor motives.
    Uh. It's meant to be light hearted. I'm all for him making money. I really don't know what the part is for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Uh. It's meant to be light hearted. I'm all for him making money.
    No worries. Unlike other forum, our threads do not get locked or deleted when anyone chastizes the golden gods of DeLorean manna. We offer anyone the platform to speak highly or "lowely" of any vendor or member....we also do not provide an umbrella of protection for anyone because as open dialogue is the backbone of DMCToday, backlash is the boner of DMCToday.

I really don't know what the part is for.

I don't think Josh could have been more clear in the description for what this part is used for.

The SPEC I exhaust removes all design inconveniences and flaws from other systems available by being the only purpose built exhaust ever brought to market. Utilizing all custom components minus clamps and manufactured to the highest quality possible. State of the art robotic welds ensure perfect welds on all muffler surfaces. Featuring high flow dual Catco converters making the system 50 state compliant. Dual oxygen sensor ports allowing for standard lambda sensor for stock applications or dual wide band operation if desired. Header flanges allow for four stud mounting with thick 3/8 flanges.
    I personally have the Stage II engine (which includes the Stage I exhaust). I like it. It's a bit loud and raspy when the RPM's come up. Sounds awesome at idle but once you go past 3k, the awesomeness begins to sound less like a muscle car and more like a b16 Civic with an eBay coffee can exhaust.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    No worries. Unlike other forum, our threads do not get locked or deleted when anyone chastizes the golden gods of DeLorean manna. We offer anyone the platform to speak highly or "lowely" of any vendor or member....we also do not provide an umbrella of protection for anyone because as open dialogue is the backbone of DMCToday, backlash is the boner of DMCToday.

I don't think Josh could have been more clear in the description for what this part is used for.

I personally have the Stage II engine (which includes the Stage I exhaust). I like it. It's a bit loud and raspy when the RPM's come up. Sounds awesome at idle but once you go past 3k, the awesomeness begins to sound less like a muscle car and more like a b16 Civic with an eBay coffee can exhaust.
    I know I sound like a dick at times being a noob and posting all kinds of shit and not having a car. Truth is that I have the greatest respect for all of you guys.

Even when it seems like it's your time of the month.

I've been in a stage ii and I'm not entirely sold on the sound. Josh is just 90 minutes away and the car I want him to review has his exhaust.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I honestly prefer the muffled sound of a stock system. My car had the upgrades when I bought it but I would never spend $1,500+ to outfit my car with a megaphone just to announce to the world I got an extra 5hp just waiting to be tapped into once I hit 5k RPM's.

Administrator
    VIN
    Pandemic sure making you pricks a little testy....what does Sam have to say about that?!
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

About time of month or exhaust? When it's the time of month around here, I can't do shit right.

About the exhaust... it doesn't matter as long as it isn't obnoxious IMO. The initial reason these things were unsat was not the muffler or cat or that it was restrictive, it was because the STOCK exhaust manifold gasket was cheap carboard shit that didn't hold up. And then... while you're there, you start questioning why the hell a muffler should take up so much room, and why there should be a crossover pipe and why your family has been in this country for 300 years with nothing to show for it and other mysteries.

A homebrew exhaust isn't going to help your resale, but some of us don't exactly care about that.

Finally, women and men were not meant to cohabitate.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Pandemic sure making you pricks a little testy....what does Sam have to say about that?!
    I normally do not have anyone to blame for my douchebagginess but myself. It's nice to have a scapegoat. (No pun intended).

Administrator
    VIN
    I knew I could count on Sam to set you guys straight!
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?