Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some cars I'm drooling over right now

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    The frame rust isn't bad at all. It's not something you want to forget about but definitely not alarming. Distributor looks rough but what's more concerning is oe those fuel lines.
    Fuel lines - do they ever get replaced with new, rubber lines? On the car I looked at yesterday, they were clearly rubber, but certainly didn't seem 40 years old. What am I looking for?

There are PLENTY of nice cars out there and plenty more pop up for sale every month. If this one is giving you a bad feeling, let it slide.
    It sold. However, I talked to the guy in Pitts. who's trying to revive the group there - not only is he doing a resto, he lives just 10 minutes from where I'm about to sign a lease. Plus
    he gave me a line on a car for sale here.

I also tracked down the owner of the car I went to see (thanks Rich!)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Fuel lines - do they ever get replaced with new, rubber lines? On the car I looked at yesterday, they were clearly rubber, but certainly didn't seem 40 years old. What am I looking for?
    All OE lines are 40 years old. They are a hard but somewhat flexible plastic surrounded by a rubber sheath. If memory serves they are made from animal fat or something that other animals like rodents like to munch on. In other words just age alone makes then susceptible to failure. I just redid mine even though they were off the shelf NOS in 2006.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

All OE lines are 40 years old. They are a hard but somewhat flexible plastic surrounded by a rubber sheath. If memory serves they are made from animal fat or something that other animals like rodents like to munch on. In other words just age alone makes then susceptible to failure. I just redid mine even though they were off the shelf NOS in 2006.
    Some years ago at the C&C in my area a guy pulled up in a black/automatic with 100K miles (!) AND ORIGINAL FUEL LINES. If I hadn't been there I would not have believed it.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

I have found a possible car. It's presently owned by Craig Fleishauer, north of Pittsburgh, he's not
    in any particularly hurry to sell. The price is pretty much on point.

This is an early VIN, manual, black interior. It has DPI upgraded exhaust, DIN swap to
    fit reversing camera and significantly upgraded sound system.

On the less exciting side to me, it has a flux capacitor, and non-standard headlights.

He was full of praise for Josh (who is after all, only 90 minutes drive).

Josh, if you're listening, what can you tell me about this car?