Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Your winter holiday to do list

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Checked my AC out today being 83 degrees. It was about 1 can low. When driving I heard a hissing from the evap box area. This wasn't a vacuum leak either, it had spurting sounds. I think I may have a leak that I need to address. Hope it's not the evaporator but I can't imagine it being anything else. It's always been quiet in the past but maybe I didn't put enough freon in it and it's still low(pressures are fine and it's hitting the low pressure cutoff where it should be).

I may just run it up to work, suck the freon out with a machine and put it under vacuum to make sure I don't have any air in it and get the right amount in and see where I stand.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Since I am stuck at home these days and rain has come back in, I took another look at my plug wire situation. Josh's wire ends were taller than the OE set I had and I couldn't get them on the cap with the metering plate assembly in place. Today I decided to try again just removing the 2 back bolts and lifting the rear up and hoping the rubber plate gave me enough slack. It worked. I replaced my plug wires with no real trouble.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.