Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your winter holiday to do list

VIN
    Blog Entries
    While doing my fuel lines I lost 2 of the copper seals for the banjo fittings. I am going to take my micrometer to Advance and buy some. Are the M8 seals that precise or are they easily sourced locally?

PS: I am using all new copper seals. Even got new rubber cups and new clips. They sent me just enough to do the job. Edit, they sent just enough for a competent mechanic to do the job.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

Your winter holiday to do list

As long as the ID is reasonably close any locally sourced seal will be fine. Iíve had to pick up a few locally over the years.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Fuel lines finished. I haven't done the two frequency valve lines yet since I need 2 new seals but I will probably do them tomorrow. I let it idle in the driveway and searched it over for leaks and could find none so it may be time for a test drive later today.

I hand tightened everything. The book torque of 9lbs seemed a bit weak considering how hard DMCH had them tightened. Probably erred on the side of overnighted since the new seals seemed to have a lot of give to them.

20200215_143430.jpg

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Well this sucks. Warm starts take forever...6+ seconds of cranking before she fires up. Missing at low rpm sometimes. I checked my dwell and it was way too lean. I had replaced my o2 sensor, plugs, fuel pump, filter, and of course lines so I thought I might check it even though I didn't think anything I did should affect it that much. I really wasn't thinking. Went ahead and adjusted it but still a very hard hot start (and probably cold start too...first start took it several times to catch but I just attributed it to no fuel in the lines).

I have to say I wasn't crazy about the line fitment. The banjo fitting angles took some muscle to line up flush to the distributer. I tried to find the best fit possible buy trying several different ways but sometimes the hose just didn't want to bend and I didn't want to force it. Most of them had about a 15 to 20 degree difference. The bolts of course forced them into place but I didn't like doing it.

I'm going to look at it again when it's cold. I'm pretty sure the new lines didn't change anything. What I am thinking is by routing and rerouting and removing those big fat OE lines, I may have pulled a vacuum line loose. Once it's cooled down and I have had a night's rest I will check it out. At least I got plenty of time on my hands since my work van is out of commission.

If you have hard hot starts try pulling the CSV connector off and see if that helps. The CSV should not be firing on a hot engine anyway.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Blog Entries
    It won't start cold either. It will but it takes forever to catch. Definately sounds like a fuel problem though because it will barely start after so many seconds. I checked and found one small vacuum line off the ISM pipe disconnected but it didn't solve anything.

I wish I had never even changed the lines. My car started up and idled PERFECTLY hot warm and cold before this. I'm going to pull the ism again (I removed it to access #4 easier) and see if the air pipe has come loose under the manifold. I hope that's it because I have no idea how changing fuel lines could cause this type of problem.

Changing the lines would only make the first start hard to get running but once it has run a few minuets the lines should be full. Defiantly if that pipe of agony is not tightly sealed that would cause hard starting.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Pipe was quite loose. I tried to reseat it and it's better but still a little wobbly. Car now starts right up cold hot and warm but I have a loopy idle and a dead cylinder until I rev it up then it straightens out. I think I either have some dirt in one injector or the pipe is not fully seated. I will pull the plate and see if I can see if it's seated correctly. If so I will run some seafoam through it and it that doesn't help I will add a set of injectors to my to do list.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    OK pipe seems to be seated. I didn't think I moved it that much, certainly not enough to get it out of the sleeve.

I am pretty sure I have an injector acting up. It's done this a handful of times in the past but straightens out once I rev it up. It's doing the same thing just more pronounced. Does anyone know of a good place to send injectors off to and have them serviced?

Administrator
    VIN
    When I checked my pipe, I looked down into the mixture unit as well as checking from the outside.
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?