Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The kittens need you

VIN
    Blog Entries

The kittens need you

This is something that is very close to my heart. Tomorrow (Tuesday December 3) is Giving Tuesday. One of my local charities that I support has made the list of charities that will receive 200% of the donations made that day. There is a catch, Facebook has set aside 7 million dollars and let me tell you it goes in a matter of minutes. In a nutshell, whatever you donate tomorrow will be matched 100% by FB. The donations start Tuesday Dec 3 at 8am sharp Eastern Standard Time. By 8:02 the matching funds will be gone; seriously. I have started a fundraiser on FB and hopefully you may find yourself there tomorrow morning to help these selfless people. I have never done thos before but when your donations are doubled, it just makes sense to "go to the mattresses".

Tomorrow if you donate 10 bucks, they get 20. $100 nets them $200 and to get the ball rolling I will donate $250.00 at the stroke of 8am.

If you want to help here is the link to my fundraiser:
    https://www.facebook.com/donate/1003...6512650570395/

Thanks for your time today and hope to see everyone tomorrow morning. Also thanks to Steve for being so excited that he donated 12 hours early. That's OK Steve, although your donation will not be matched your heart was in the right place and that will get you halfway to my respect which is halfway further than you were yesterday.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

I'm in permanent Facebook jail, but I'll match Steve's $10 via PP to you if you add it to your $250 so it gets doubled?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    That's awesome! If anyone else is in FB jail, not on FB, or just wants to make things easy, my PP address is wristwatchme@aol.com and you can just use paypal gift option. I will check my account tomorrow and add any donations to my original, thus making myself looking even holier with each dollar you give.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Done.

P.S. Steve SUX!

VIN
    Sorry boss. I noticed my mistake after I made the donation. Hope ya raise a bunch of money tomorrow. I'm always for a good cause.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Got Ron's payment. Thanks!!

No problem Steve, Thanks to you too!

Ron saved 2 kittens, Steve saved one and killed one. Steve sux!

Administrator
    VIN
    I'm going to PP you to hedge against me zoning out & missing the 8AM curtain call.
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I'm going to PP you to hedge against me zoning out & missing the 8AM curtain call.
    You guys are awesome!

If I oversleep tomorrow there will be blood.

VIN
    Did I donate too late? I made a second donation just a few seconds after my phone said 7:00 am CST. It doesn’t look like Facebook matched my funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Did I donate too late? I made a second donation just a few seconds after my phone said 7:00 am CST. It doesn’t look like Facebook matched my funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You did and don't worry FB will match the funds(assuming that 20 seconds after 8am is not too late) but it will not show on the actual fundraiser page. I'm sure I (or the rescue) will get a confirmation after it's all over. I will speak to her this afternoon and find out one way or the other.

Again thanks you guys. Out of EVERYONE in my friends list I invited including several members from church (and I will not go into how much they have received from me), you guys were the ONLY ones who stepped up to donate. I was a little disappointed in that but no matter, you guys stepped up and the rescue now has 660 bucks extra and that will buy a lot of food, formula and medicine for these guys. Here is what your help does:

SmartSelect_20191203-081640_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191203-081802_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191203-081726_Facebook.jpg
    All of these guys came in either injured or very sick. They have all been rescued and adopted out to loving homes. Not every story has a happy ending. They get very attached to these kittens and sometimes they don't make it, but they do it anyway because tears of sadness are the price for tears of happiness.