Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIN 4519: Rich's 14-year "garage find"

Administrator
    VIN
    Day 1 out of the sling: my arm doesn't work for shit....I can barely move it. I went to my first PT appointment today and that wasn't so great either, but I know it's just a waiting game.
    In the meantime, since I have one good arm and can move the lower part of my bad [dominant] arm, I'll start on the few things that I'm able to work on with one hand:

-Swap out bulbs to LED's
    -Fix the steering column canopy
    -Remove the old headliner material (installing new material will have to wait)
    -Install new fuses
    -Maybe remove the seats (my daughter can help)
    -Start a light regrain
    -Maybe start on the fuel system, I'll need someone to help remove & relocate the sunshade louvre
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

Administrator
    VIN
    I just realized I didn't check the door lock solenoids. I was following a printout of the fuses and didn't realize it [apparently] isn't fused, there's a breaker and a module.....I'll test it tomorrow.

Use your third leg!

I saw Boglin this weekend and commented how you earned your temporary injury. Seems my right knee just went bad for like, no reason. Warranty's up. Ding!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Use your third leg!

I saw Boglin this weekend and commented how you earned your temporary injury. Seems my right knee just went bad for like, no reason. Warranty's up. Ding!
    I'm just now at the point where my wife doesn't think I'm mentally irregular with all the DeLorean shenanigans, but if I use my third leg on 4519 I'll be back at square one!

Warranty is up for sure; I say "age & misfortune," my wife says "stop doing dumb shit."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    ...my wife says "stop doing dumb shit."
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I just realized I didn't check the door lock solenoids. I was following a printout of the fuses and didn't realize it [apparently] isn't fused, there's a breaker and a module.....I'll test it tomorrow.
    I tested this today, I hear the relay and a noise in the doors (I think,) but the passenger doesn't lock with the driver's side.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Do you have a wiring diagram? The last time I worked on the locks, I think I remember the DS being a master and the PS being a slave. So the PS got the signal from the DS and not the controller. It's been a few years since I have been in there though.

Edit: Checked a diagram, looks like I was mistaken. Remember this as it will not happen again for several years.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Do you have a wiring diagram? The last time I worked on the locks, I think I remember the DS being a master and the PS being a slave. So the PS got the signal from the DS and not the controller. It's been a few years since I have been in there though.

Edit: Checked a diagram, looks like I was mistaken. Remember this as it will not happen again for several years.
    Noted!

I hear something in the doors, so I'm guessing the circuits are ok. I'll get into both doors & go from there.