Thread: Christmas at the Goat's!

VIN
    Blog Entries

Christmas at the Goat's!

We decided to do Christmas early this year. Doing it right after Thanksgiving only gives us 5 or 6 weeks to enjoy and we want to add another 3 or 4 weeks to that. Actually it started when I popped into Hobby Lobby this morning. When I pass through those doors and get snowballed with all that quaint cozy home decor I go full on metro sexual. Just thinking about those artificially distressed wood "Live Laugh Love" wall hangings is giving me a semi. Anyway I saw this tree on sale and never in my life have I seen a pre lit tree this impressive, it was F A B U L O U S ! 2,200 micro led lamps on a dense dense tree. I spent a good hour fluffing it and I ain't no amateur; I know a thing or two about fluffing.

Anyway you heard it here first, Christmas is here!

20191104_173228.jpg
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    We decided to do Christmas early this year. Doing it right after Thanksgiving only gives us 5 or 6 weeks to enjoy and we want to add another 3 or 4 weeks to that. Actually it started when I popped into Hobby Lobby this morning. When I pass through those doors and get snowballed with all that quaint cozy home decor I go full on metro sexual. Just thinking about those artificially distressed wood "Live Laugh Love" wall hangings is giving me a semi. Anyway I saw this tree on sale and never in my life have I seen a pre lit tree this impressive, it was F A B U L O U S ! 2,200 micro led lamps on a dense dense tree. I spent a good hour fluffing it and I ain't no amateur; I know a thing or two about fluffing.

Anyway you heard it here first, Christmas is here!

20191104_173228.jpg
    That is a nice tree. I tried live for a while but then every place started freezing them which kills the scent. That was half the fun for me. I have a nice fake one, but I don't think I'm going to bother decorating this year.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    That is a nice tree. I tried live for a while but then every place started freezing them which kills the scent. That was half the fun for me. I have a nice fake one, but I don't think I'm going to bother decorating this year.
    We didn't have a tree last year and to be honest, our Christmas and Thanksgiving (and Easter) holidays for the past 4 or 5 years have been quite bleak since my father in law passed away. He was the glue that held everything together and since then, most of the family has turned bitter and negative. I have written them all off because I remember the way they treat my wife and although she is quick to forgive and forget, I remember that shit. That's her side of the family, my side is worse so it's safe to say we both come from dysfunctional families. I want this Christmas to be special for my wife since we have had so many dry runs in the past which is why I want to get a jump on things.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Administrator
    VIN
    I nominate Michael for the Holiday Cheermeister!
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

We didn't have a tree last year and to be honest, our Christmas and Thanksgiving (and Easter) holidays for the past 4 or 5 years have been quite bleak since my father in law passed away. He was the glue that held everything together and since then, most of the family has turned bitter and negative. I have written them all off because I remember the way they treat my wife and although she is quick to forgive and forget, I remember that shit. That's her side of the family, my side is worse so it's safe to say we both come from dysfunctional families. I want this Christmas to be special for my wife since we have had so many dry runs in the past which is why I want to get a jump on things.
    I get that. It's cool you're going all out. It does make things a lot more relaxing and fun.

I am alone this year for the first time in a very long time. My family is here in the area, but here at my house it is just me now, not even dogs anymore. I will still do things, my holiday stuff will just happen at my parents house. It feels strange to decorate my house when there will be no presents for anyone under the tree, and it is just me. I will watch my Christmas specials and all but won't be doing the rest of the stuff. I should be able to get my holiday fill in at my parents though. As time has passed, my dad has gotten more and more into the season. Last year he sat through hours of old Christmas specials with me, and even watched what must have been 4+ hours of old Christmas commercials from the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I nominate Michael for the Holiday Cheermeister!
    Seconded. Even though the original is my favorite, I think The Grinch is still much better than the remake they did last year. That one didn't feel "Suess"-ish at all.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Christmas has been cancelled due to my DeLorean damage. Please notify your respective employers.

My wife LOVES the Grinch, it's a tradition to watch every year. We also watched the movie last year. I liked it. I got her a stuffed Grinch this year that she adores.

Christmas has been cancelled due to my DeLorean damage. Please notify your respective employers.

My wife LOVES the Grinch, it's a tradition to watch every year. We also watched the movie last year. I liked it. I got her a stuffed Grinch this year that she adores.
    I didn't hate the move last year, but it wasn't the same for me. I have some old Christmas specials I always watch. Garfield's Christmas, The Muppet Family Christmas, Family Circus Christmas, and a few others. I also watch stuff like Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story, some times Home Alone (though that gets almost as heavy play as A Christmas Story some years). The CGI version of A Christmas Carol that Jim Carrey did turned out to be a pretty great version. I miss the days when most tv shows did a Christmas episode, and most stations had a special at one point during the season.