Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bots hit us like locusts

VIN
    Blog Entries

The bots hit us like locusts

On my every other day(sometimes weekly) check to see which members have decided to join the ranks of the outcasts, we had approx. 500 new member requests. I am sure there were a few legit requests in the mix, but I had no choice but to delete all of them. It was either that or spend an hour wading through all the crap to try and figure out if Arfgkt.tyb45 is a real boy or not.

To touch on a point I have made in the past..
    If you can't figure out a user name that doesn't look like a line of code on the Matrix movie, don't bother us.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Knocked out another 40 or so this morning I guess DMCSouth has lost it's appeal. I think this deserves recognition. DmcToday: The #1 choice of DeLorean bots.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Another 100 or so out the door today. I wish there were an easier way to do this. I was able to detect two honest new members in the mix and gave everyone else the boot.
    If Chad sells his DeLorean his ass is gone too. No room around here for wannabe posers.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    So we have roughly 3,500 bots awaiting email confirmation..ie they couldn't get through Steve's screen door. I can't delete them one by one. I tried to prune the accounts by mass deleting them but to no avail...maybe I don't have the required permission. Rather I simply denied any member awaiting email confirmation any access to the form. That also means any member awaiting permission is blind to the forum until activated unless they are not logged in, then they can see and search just fine. It's just a temporary solution until I can figure out how to prune mass numbers.

VIN
    This is heavy. Thanks for your hard work. I wonder if that there other forum is having the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

Administrator
    VIN
    I think Steve is the one launching the bots.
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    I think I know who's behind this comrades.....

Bot.jpg
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Those bitches are gone! I had to delete them about 500 at a time...apparently Steve's safeguards are in place to prevent a "doomsday scenario". I was able to bypass that and commit mass genocide on the bots. Our purity of essence is intact.

Jack D. Ripper

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Settings are now so every freaking bot that registers sees this no matter what part of dmctoday it is crawling. Home page, profile page, blogs, this is ALL they can access.

http://dmctoday.com/WOLPATH