Thread: Fog light indicator lamps

VIN

Fog light indicator lamps

I know this mod isn't for everyone as it was difficult to do and honestly almost as hard as the cut out bumper logotype. This was my second attempt cause I didn't know there was a overlay which got pulled off when drilling. I'm adding front fog lights and rear UK style rear fog lights to 11035. I added the fog light indicators to the dash gauges for more of a (what if) factory look like new cars today have. You will see its a bit off as drilling is tough plus it must have shifted when setting it all up. I did green for front and amber for rear. I'm not a fan of aftermarket switches if you can use a factory style switch so i'm replacing the console dummy pieces with the DMC-MW on/off switch with custom made fog light labels. I hope people think its a cool mod and not get beat up to much for it being off, but doesn't look noticleable when back together. (Still need a pic back together). Its a different mod thats new. I like and other seem to think so. Like I said, i know its not for everyone. I will be doing another attempt at this overtime to make it look straighter. The indicators are custom made from China!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Very cool! When you first posted those pics on FB, I thought you were going to mount them into the switch face.

On another note, I got these in today. I originally wanted them in the doors but they are focused for shorter range and I think the emblem is too big at 5' off the ground. I think I will make footwell lamps out of them and put the power on interior lamps with a manual override on my remaining dummy switch
    20190515_173603.jpg
    20190515_173612.jpg
    20190515_173547.jpg
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Very cool! When you first posted those pics on FB, I thought you were going to mount them into the switch face.

On another note, I got these in today. I originally wanted them in the doors but they are focused for shorter range and I think the emblem is too big at 5' off the ground. I think I will make footwell lamps out of them and put the power on interior lamps with a manual override on my remaining dummy switch
    20190515_173603.jpg
    20190515_173612.jpg
    20190515_173547.jpg
    I have seen those before and I really like them. I think it would be a good to them into foot lighting. It would be a really good effect when you go to open up the doors at night! Glad you like my mod, Like I said I know it's not for everybody and I wish it came out a bit more perfect but I will attempt it at another time and the stem behind that light is actually quite long and wouldn't even TRY to be close in fitting. The small LED shines up through the tube behind the indicator and once I got the gages back in place I actually had to drill 2 holes in the back of the instrument cluster assembly just the run the wires out that were pressing against the back of the housing. It's a tight fit but I was able to get it and I will send you a picture to show you what it looks like from the back end.

VIN
    The back end

VIN
    Front and rear fog light switches installed along with new quick disconnect fittings for the indicator lights coming out of the back of the cluster

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Nice!
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks my friend. Hopefully I'll start the wiring this weekend!