Thread: How do cops do it?

VIN
    Blog Entries

How do cops do it?

So I have been watching "Live PD" that I have my dvr set to record and another show that's called PD cam or something like that. Anyway it shows the "best moments"(if you can call it that) of body cams and dash cams.

After watching a few episodes I have one question...How the frik do cops make it through the day without blowing at least one person away? Jeez I wouldn't last 2 or 3 hours without shooting dead some POS waste of skin that tried to spit on me or put me in some kind of hold.

What really grinds my gears is seeing that most of those thugs are out on bail and you know damn well they are not coming back. I watched one guy elude police in a car chase, wreck, resist, and made bail. I mean come on man! If the guy risks lives to runs from police to begin with what makes the judge think he will show for court?

Anyway much respect for Sam. My wife and I were watching and I mentioned how Sam and I razz each other a lot. I showed her his pic and told her he is in DC and she said "well he looks like he could handle the job".
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Samís humor is his way of venting from the mess he deals with daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I'm not a cop cop anymore, I've got a cushy desk jawrb. In fact I'm a wee little guy who doesn't even work out anymore (and I need to change that). This is the arc of a law enforcement career. When you are young and wiry you can do it for a good 20 years but then you age out and all the guys behind you are faster, stronger, have had better and more current training and do not have training scars. I admit that I'm not really fit for the worst kind of duty anymore. As for the past, I've been in a tussle or two, I've won a few, I've lost a lot, I've definitely been beat up and smacked around and I shrug it off. Whenever I was in a situation that I could not handle I was fortunate enough to be around someone who could.

There are a few funny things about physical assaults: one of which is that pukes think they are entitled to a "fair fight." HA HA HA. Nope! You are get the most unbalanced fight I can muster if you are trying to hurt me or anybody else. Thankfully, this is a very remote possibility as I push pieces of paper from place to place in my little cubicle.

Eh, I don't miss it and I get to hang it up in 5 years.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    What really grinds my gears is seeing that most of those thugs are out on bail and you know damn well they are not coming back. I watched one guy elude police in a car chase, wreck, resist, and made bail. I mean come on man! If the guy risks lives to runs from police to begin with what makes the judge think he will show for court?
    He don't. He thinks the guy will forfeit the bail money and it will go into the kitty, just like the last few times he let him go. Meanwhile, he and his colleagues are making laws ensuring they get lifetime concealed weapons permits to protect themselves from those they let go, remove the constitutional right to even posses one from you, and scratch where his ankle bracelet is making his leg itch.

BTW, today is:

Peace-Officers-Memorial-Day-May-15-America-Picture.jpg

SALUTE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIN
    <2000
    I've watched a few YouTube "Police Activity " body /dashcam videos. It was good to see these incidents "uncut" with the whole context available.

I wouldn't want to have that job. Mad respect for the officers.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I've watched a few YouTube "Police Activity " body /dashcam videos. It was good to see these incidents "uncut" with the whole context available.

I wouldn't want to have that job. Mad respect for the officers.
    +1

VIN
    British police donít even get to carry guns. They just beat the bad guys with a stick until they stop moving. Pretty freaking hardcore.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    British police donít even get to carry guns. They just beat the bad guys with a stick until they stop moving. Pretty freaking hardcore.

When the ones who DO have them come out, they're full auto.