Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DMCMW 2019 Open House - June 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What time?

I got my time approved, and have a $75 United credit....I'll try booking a flight tonight, yo.

I see some weird shit on the United site....different levels of economy, can't carry on a bag with the cheap rate.
    Let me know if you guys need to be picked up. Iím about 45 minutes from ORD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What time?

I got my time approved, and have a $75 United credit....I'll try booking a flight tonight, yo.

I see some weird shit on the United site....different levels of economy, can't carry on a bag with the cheap rate.

I am arriving on Friday, June 21 at 9:11 am on American Airlines flight AA 2513.

I am flying home on Sunday, June 23 at 9:22 pm on United flight # UA 3738. I am flying economy basic.

United and a few other airlines introduced economy basic a few years ago and honestly, I like it.

You get a super cheap price in exchange for not being able to pick your own seat, and not being able to bring a full side carryon for free. Every airline still allows a small personal item.

Since I travel light, this is perfect for me.

I normaly travel with this small backpack and it fits the personal item size requirements for United, Frontier and Spirit. To my knowledge there are the only ones that limit you to a small personal item on a cheap ticket.

https://www.amazon.com/JanSport-T501.../dp/B0170OBQEW

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by piprulz View Post
    Let me know if you guys need to be picked up. Iím about 45 minutes from ORD

Thanks for the offer. Will let you know as we get closer to the date.
    Hopefully we can get Sam to join us. How many do you have room for?

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by piprulz View Post
    Let me know if you guys need to be picked up. I’m about 45 minutes from ORD

Thanks Nick!
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

If itís early Friday I canít. I will be at the cubs game that day. Sorry guys

VIN
    No worries. We can take the train if needed. It only costs something like $10.

I really donít mind sitting around the airport if others fly in later. We just need to make sure we are in Crystal Lake in time for the movie showing.

What time do you think you will be finished with the game?

Probably around 5. What time is the movie? Do I have to register for open house?

VIN
    For the open house we just show up at noon on Saturday.

It wouldnít hurt to reach out to DMCMW, by phone, email, Facebook or whatever just to let them know you are attending so they can plan the amount of food for Saturday.

If the movie showing works out it will probably be around 7 pm on Friday in Crystal Lake. I just know it is being worked on. It hasnít been confirmed yet.

That being said, it might be best for those of us flying in earlier to take the train.

Chicago traffic sucks and it would be a shame to miss the movie if it happens.

Yes Chicago traffic does suck and Iím probably going to take the train to the game so it would be pretty late when I could pick you guys up

VIN
    It looks like Samís best bet is to fly in on Spirit Airlines for $132 on Friday morning and to fly home on United Sunday. Itís $115 to fly home at 6:30 am or $156 to fly home at 9:15 pm. I would take the later flight so you can have French toast that morning.