Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Steve's Cross Country Fan Appreciation Tour

VIN
    Epic win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    As fate would have it, it looks like Iíve got an oil leak at the rear main seal.

I drained the transmission oil and I had roughly 3.5 quarts. Transmission capacity is 3.7 quarts.

I drained the engine oil and had 5 quarts. We filled it with 7 quarts of oil before I made the 725 mile ride home from the Goat.

Time to start pulling the engine. Current time is 9:30 pm CST.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Too bad you gave me all your Dong, you could have fixed it. By the way my wife and I laughed at how little Dong you gave me. It left us both unsatisfied.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Too bad you gave me all your Dong, you could have fixed it. By the way my wife and I laughed at how little Dong you gave me. It left us both unsatisfied.
    Dong? I'm not sure I know what that means. You should fly to DCS and show me.

Anyway, I'm calling it quits for tonight. I pulled the exhaust, engine cover, louver, rear fascia/fiberglass, carburetor intake, and AC compressor. It took me a bit longer than I remembered last time. As far as I know, all I have left to do is drain coolant, remove starter, remove a silly little plate from the driver side of the engine, disconnect a few coolant hoses, and then remove the four bolts that hold the engine to the transmission.

I might have kept working tonight but I couldn't find my tool for removing the coolant plugs. Oh well, one of the nice things about having a garage is I can resume the project whenever. I'm busy tomorrow during the day, but perhaps I will do some more work tomorrow evening.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Thatís rich.