Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve and the Goat pick out yachts...the crypto thread

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Or a broken-down Edsel. I got an offer of $750.00 for it.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the process of verification for funds with thre bank. Probably will not be before the weekend before I can buy.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

I can trade crypto with Robinhood but so far only messed with a short lived purchase of Ethereum.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Coinbase account setup. I now own $500 in Bitcoin and I went ahead and got $100 in Ethereum and 50 bucks in Litecoin. What the hell, it's only money right? Ughhhh
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Dracula's holdings in Edsel > The Goat's investment in cryptocurrency.
    -Chad K.

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Dracula's holdings in Edsel > The Goat's investment in cryptocurrency.
    Once my investments pay off, I'm buying all the Edsel parts and starting "Edsel 1"

What's your vin again?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Once my investments pay off, I'm buying all the Edsel parts and starting "Edsel 1"

What's your vin again?
    Joke's on you; I'm doing well in ostracizing myself from the Edsel community by stating that I feel that my car is worth more than $750; and when one guy said it would be worth more for resale if I rebuilt the original 410 vs swapping a 460 into a car that he previously called worthless.
    -Chad K.

VIN
    It sure is interesting watching Bitcoin go up and down now that I have a few dollars tied up in it. The doom and gloom people say Bitcoin is going to go bust. The dreamers say one Bitcoin will be worth a million dollars eventually.

I think Bitcoin could drop even more, and honestly I don't think the gimmick should be worth more than $1 USD per Bitcoin. Other than my prediction of Bitcoin falling to $5k, I've been wrong every time. Frankly, I was even wrong about the $5k prediction since Bitcoin is sitting around $4k right now.

Being that I only have $500 in the game, I don't have much to lose should the thing tank. I'm counting on myself being wrong though. Over the history of Bitcoin, just when you think it is over, hype comes out of nowhere and the values rise again. I think Bitcoin is silly and worthless, but it could very well hit $20k or higher next time the hype comes around. Will that hype be last next year? Will that hype be in two years? I don't know. The whole thing could crash tomorrow.

You can't predict this stuff. I have a friend who got into mining when Bitcoin was in the $30 range. He made a killing by selling what he had when Bitcoin surged to the ridiculous price of $300 a coin. He made so much money that he quit his job in Australia and moved to Hong Kong to start up his own business. When he told me his story, Bitcoin was around $1,500. He still made a ton of money at $300 a coin, but imagine what he would have made had he known the prices would eventually soar even more.

Thats the end of my rant. Bitcoin is silly, but if/when it surges again I will be ready to sell. My goal is to sell at 4x what I paid for it.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I haven't paid much attention to it. Other than logging into my coinbase account the day after I bought it, I have pretty much forgot about it. I'm like you, put a little in and if it pays out great, if not then not much skin in the game anyway. If it drops to say 2 to 2.5k however, I just may buy more...I'm still keepong on track for my gold and silver goals though.

VIN
    Personally I think the stuff is useless. The value fluctuates too much to be taken seriously. I don't consider something like that to be real money. It shouldn't cost the equivalent of $5 USD to buy a loaf of bread today, $10 to buy bread the next day and then $1 the day after. If the currency doesn't hold a steady value, then it isn't real money plain in simple.

I apply the same rule to when I travel. For the most part, myself and my international friends agree that the only currencies that are real money are USD, EURO, and GBP (Britain Pound). You can spend those currencies almost anywhere on the planet. Any other currency is a joke.

Until I can buy a tank of gas or a loaf of bread with Bitcoin, I'll still maintain that it isn't real money.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202