Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your government worker hard luck stories here.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Fox News...oh you!

15473316130731818295288.jpg

Yup they actually put a timer to the second on the scroll.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Serious observation/question here.

President Trump has been in office for two years. Why did he wait for democrats to have control of the house before making such a big deal about border security? Wouldn't this 6 billion dollar wall budget have been easier to pass a year ago?
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Serious observation/question here.

President Trump has been in office for two years. Why did he wait for democrats to have control of the house before making such a big deal about border security? Wouldn't this 6 billion dollar wall budget have been easier to pass a year ago?
    No because the piece of crap Republicans who were up for re election didn't have the balls to support him...and some who were not even in danger didn't either. I personally think the administration thought they would win extra seats in the house rather than losing it altogether. They were hoping the house would have done as well as the senate and would push for it then. It's a win/win, Trump stands firm on border security and either gets his way or shines a light on the backstabbing politicians(ensuring people like me will support him even more). Trump is to Republicans like lukewarm Monday morning sports fans. When their team wins they join in the celebration but when their team is doing poorly, they hide their jerseys in the drawers and steer clear of the water cooler till next week.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    And I can guarantee you come 2020, if there is no substantial wall, the very people who cock blocked him on the wall will be the same ones lambasting him because he didn't meet his campaign promise.

Every one keeps saying when Republicans had control of everything but he still needed 60 votes in the Senate to get things passed. GOP only had 51 senate votes. That's why the house bill get not get through that approved the wall funding before the shutdown.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

When George HW Bush senior died late last year, the press eulogized him as though their favorite lap dog had died. Democrats had forced the President to raise taxes in a compromise... and he did. He was rewarded by the media by being clobbered for having broke his crystal clear promise to not support raising taxes. That's what they do.

If Trump caves, he is done now and forever.

I agree that the wall should have been done as first order of business while Dems were still reeling from the shocking results of the election. Trump did not get good advice.

It's ironic to me that I quit my prior job in 2005 to get away from Immigration... and in 2019 I'm not getting paid because of immigration. But I try to be a patriot. A wall is but a temporary stopping point, but sometimes speed bumps are needed. Speaking of speed bumps, MSNBC made a lot of hay over the fact that people can cut through steel slats. Well, duh. But you what they can't do? They can't easily drive a car full of dope and people through it.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what happened but for the time being, looks like Sam will not starve anymore.

I wonder, when you guys do end up getting your back pay, does it include interest? I ask because when I "forget" to make my quarterly tax payments I sure as Hell get charged interest penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I'm not sure what happened but for the time being, looks like Sam will not starve anymore.

I wonder, when you guys do end up getting your back pay, does it include interest? I ask because when I "forget" to make my quarterly tax payments I sure as Hell get charged interest penalties.
    Ahm, no. Quite the opposite, we may get a penalty because having two checks come in at once may trigger a higher tax rate? I am not sure. Certainly will not get interest, though. Anyone who got to stay home shouldn't have much to complain about though, aside from having to do this again in 3 weeks.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Ahm, no. Quite the opposite, we may get a penalty because having two checks come in at once may trigger a higher tax rate? I am not sure. Certainly will not get interest, though. Anyone who got to stay home shouldn't have much to complain about though, aside from having to do this again in 3 weeks.
    I saw an interview of a lady who complained that she wouldn't be able to afford food because of the shut down. She was a non-essential employee who got to stay home. For the duration of the interview, she was at her house pan frying a nice little steak with fresh vegetables. She was a heavy set lady who kept going on and on about how important food is.

I've taken months of furlough in my career without any back pay. I survived every time and never made a fuss out of it. I actually enjoyed the time off and used it to travel.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Each year when my company announced a mandatory one week furlough I always asked the same thing, "Whats the maximum I can take and still have a job to come back to?"

I ended up taking two weeks furlough a year for about three years. Combining that with my existing time off allowed me to see a lot of the planet when I was with that company.