Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Post your government worker hard luck stories here.

  1. #1

    Post your government worker hard luck stories here.

    I see they are trickling in. It's a great narrative for the FNM... but we haven't missed one paycheck yet. If we don't get paid this Saturday, that's the first one.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  2. #2
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    6,237
    Interesting... The way things are presented in the media, I thought people had been missing money for over a week. Its going to be interesting to see what happens if the border mess isn't resolved by payday.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  3. #3
    As seen on TV! Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tomball, TX
    VIN
    3676
    Posts
    4,708
    Blog Entries
    2
    VA benefits are still being paid.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

    "Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    VIN
    04728
    Posts
    4,073
    I heard on the radio the airports are beginning to have issues due to security being PO'd and calling in sick.

  5. #5
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    6
    This shutdown is terrible for me. My room service cheese platter does not contain any gouda cheese since one leg of the journey to the cruise ship is via military transport. Fox News is interviewing me when we get back home.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

  6. #6
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    6,237
    Ironically, the shutdown is having zero effect on immigration services. My wife's 10 year permanent resident card just showed up in the mail a few days ago. For a supposedly racist President, you would think legal immigration would be the first thing to get shut down.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  7. #7
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Ironically, the shutdown is having zero effect on immigration services. My wife's 10 year permanent resident card just showed up in the mail a few days ago. For a supposedly racist President, you would think legal immigration would be the first thing to get shut down.
    That's gooda!
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    This shutdown is terrible for me. My room service cheese platter does not contain any gouda cheese since one leg of the journey to the cruise ship is via military transport. Fox News is interviewing me when we get back home.
    Are you worried you'll be targeted for being so wealthy in those islands you'll be stopping in? Your designer wardrobe might be a beacon for all of the local thugs and other assorted poor people.

  9. #9
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    Are you worried you'll be targeted for being so wealthy in those islands you'll be stopping in? Your designer wardrobe might be a beacon for all of the local thugs and other assorted poor people.
    Ughhh
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

  10. #10
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    6
    It's getting rough out here. We have exhausted the swiss and cheddar and some have even resorted to eating American. Pray for us
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •