Thread: The DMC Watch Scam - The Forbidden Truth

Can we please troll the various fb groups and bring up watches again? TIA
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Can we please troll the various fb groups and bring up watches again? TIA
    Please do.

I think I also see stunts like these watches as part of a bigger problem; to me, it comes across as DMCH further usurping the legacy of DMC. Now that Sally has been paid off and it has been ordered that she will not get any additional money, we can expect more "licensed" products than new parts. Selling 1,000 binnacles at $500.00 apiece would net them less of a profit than selling 1,000 $140.00 watches and would certainly take more time. Why bother with parts when they can continue to lie about being the "DeLorean Motor Company" and sell licenses to Universal for all of the BTTF merchandise that they sell?

I believe that the scam will come to a head and they will be sued for theft through deception; forcing them to close down and making all the parts they have for the car inaccessible until they're bought up from the remains at auction to try to repay the legal costs their stunt will incur.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

I brought up Daniel Wellington before. The founder dominated social media and paid off youtube "influencers" to hype his watch. It caught on and hundreds of thousands of young people worldwide bought it. It is just a cheap chinese fashion watch marked up several thousand percent. Why? Because young people know jack shit about watches in general and just wanted a good looking watch. He founded a company, he capitalized it, he took a big risk and it paid off. That's the way it's done. Chad, profit motive -- even if extreme -- is not a scam. It's just good business.

It also helps that older watch companies are playing an outdated game: expensive celebrity endorsement, lavish parties, expensive trade shows. You don't need any of that to capture the young market... you know, people who actually impulsively buy stuff.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    It is a scam to call it "officially licensed" since there is no official license to the DMC trademark and rely on sales from something they have no affiliation with. They are not DMC, though they claim to be, and they misrepresent that.

I disagree as to the watch being a scam; it's certainly legal, but it is a scam to deceive consumers with a product that re-brands an inferior product for the sake of resale.

Their entire business practice is deceptive; the reselling of a $17.00 watch as a $140.00 piece is a confidence scam based off of the legacy of DMC and lies about the rights therein.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Several years ago I used to sell watches on ebay from the tokyoflash website, (back when it was still obscure and they had interesting watches). I simply listed their watches at about 30 to 50% markup, sometimes close to double. Whenever I sold a watch on ebay, I placed an order and had it sent to their address. I kept minimal stock. I used my credit card for the points and at the time, tokyoflash had a points system. In a nutshell for every 5 or 6 watches I bought, I had enough for a free watch. I made pretty good money doing that on the side. I made over 2 grand one December selling the Kasai "Tron" watch alone.

Had one guy complain when he found his new watch for 25% less. I told him I didn't have a price match guarantee. He was pissed, demanded a refund, filed a complaint with paypal, etc. but he simply didn't have a leg to stand on.

I bet Chad hates me now for being a scammer but I was simply a capitalist.

Oh look, they still carry tbe tron watch. I got over 200 bucks for those when they first came out(right after Tron 2 was released) https://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/kisai-seven
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    It is a scam to call it "officially licensed" since there is no official license to the DMC trademark and rely on sales from something they have no affiliation with. They are not DMC, though they claim to be, and they misrepresent that.

I disagree as to the watch being a scam; it's certainly legal, but it is a scam to deceive consumers with a product that re-brands an inferior product for the sake of resale.

Their entire business practice is deceptive; the reselling of a $17.00 watch as a $140.00 piece is a confidence scam based off of the legacy of DMC and lies about the rights therein.
    I plan to resell less than $1 worth of stainless steel for $59 plus shipping should the machine shop ever finish my order. Hint, it is costing me a lot more than what the unfinished metal is worth to produce an alternator tensioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    If Chad is such a watch expert, why doesn't he realize there is more to the cost to bringing a custom line of watches to market than just the movement?

That's like someone calling me out as a scammer because the mesh in my 44 dollar transmission filters is only 3 dollars a square foot. There is the baffle plate, the filter housings, the equipment rental to make a stamp to punch out the clamshell halves, man hours of assembley and packaging and of course shipping. It cost me a LOT more than just the cost of the mesh and some dong doodle is calling me out as a scammer because he found out the mesh to make my 44 dollar filter is only 3 bucks. There is a Lot more to a custom filter than just the mesh and there is a LOT more cost to making a custom watch than just the movement.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

What would be the order amount of watches from DMCH? 500? 1000? All said and done with a measley selling price just over the $100 mark with the multitude of associated costs too numerous to mention, it's not going to amount to a fortune.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I don't know jackshit about the watch, and don't know what a fuck straw is, but I do know this: an empty barrel makes a lot of noise.

*edit: ...all this over a friggin' watch.

VIN
    This is proving to be a fun topic. I agree with Chad in some ways but it sure is fun trolling him.

Iím all reality, DMCH probably paid a Chinese manufacturer $30 each to customize a run of 1,000 cheap $7 watches.

My argument stands that DMCH doesnít have the right to be the exclusive party to make money off the DMC logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)