Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The DMC Watch Scam - The Forbidden Truth

VIN
    Blog Entries

The DMC Watch Scam - The Forbidden Truth

DMCH is selling a $17.00 watch for $140.00 to make a quick buck off DeLorean owners/fans.

Screenshot_20181005-100000_Chrome.jpg

Note the movement; a Miyota 2315. A low-end watch movement:

Screenshot_20181005-094949_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181226-170749_Chrome.jpg

A watch equipped with it sells for $16.90

Screenshot_20181005-095149_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181005-095220_Chrome.jpg

I tried to warn people on one of the prominent Facebook groups only to receive threats against my well-being:

Screenshot_20181226-144552_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181226-135350_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181226-135908_Facebook.jpg

DeLorean Fanatics has stated that posting the truth about the watch being a scam is forbidden:

Screenshot_20181226-155723_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20181226-165733_Messenger.jpg

Beware of the DMC watch; it's a $17.00 watch with a $123.00 sticker and you can be sure it will perform like the $17.00 watch it is.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Iíll say this, Iím not a fanboy of DMC stuff but if people are willing to get ripped off to help subsidize the cost of parts, I donít mind.

Iíve never purchased anything with the DMC logo other than a real car and never plan to buy anything with that silly logo.

When Iím out in public I much prefer being able to go stealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    My take:
    It's not a scam. It's called capitalism and the lines may be too blurry for some to see. I mean seriously it's a nice looking watch (to some people) and just because the movement is 17 bucks doesn't mean that's what it takes to make AND bring to market. The dials must be printed, cases and straps and other hardware bought and assembled. The market is brimming full of cheaper watches sold at this price point. If you want to get all bent out of shape over fair market value economics, take a look at Tag Heuer or Ray Ban. Then again who cares? I personally think they are handsome watches at a pretty nice price point. I think DMC contacted an overseas manufacturer and commissioned these watches. The seller quoted a price depending on materials, quantity, dial design, assembley and shipping...all of which they provided. DMC then added a fair markup to justify their financial risk, timeframe of their investment dollars, and let's not forget a profit for their risk and labor of marketing.

Why are you so pissed off about this?
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Selling a watch for a nice markup isnít a scam. I tend to disagree with Chad on that.

What I think is a bit fraudulent is pretending to be a company that you are not. DMCH makes some good products and some bad ones but they are not the original DMC.

It boggles my mind that they have convinced Universal studios to pay them royalties for BTTF. That is a scam.

Selling a dollar store watch for $100 isnít the big deal for me. Honestly, I would probably do the same thing if I could. Slapping a DMC logo on it and claiming they own the rights to the logo that is the big deal to me.

Whatís amazing is everyone seems to have forgotten about the crappy bicycle they slapped the DMC logo on about ten years ago. If I remember correctly, everyone made fun of that thing. Times certainly have changed.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I just spent about 1200 bucks in the last month to buy Ripple XRP tokens and Bitcoin. At least those guys got a watch, I bought something that you can't see, smell, or touch.

Ughhhh
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    It IS a scam to say that it compares to a watch at $149.98; that is fraudulent advertising.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    The goat really is getting carried away with this crypto currency scam.

I only have to worry about losing $500. At least all my my $500 is in a crypto currency people have heard of.

Ask any Joe Blow if he has heard of those other forums of play money the goat is invested in and he will just look at you with a blank scare.

Even my 79 year old dad has heard of bitcoin. The last time he ever heard the world ripple was back in the days of Sanford and Son.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    It IS a scam to say that it compares to a watch at $149.98; that is fraudulent advertising.
    My $10 Casio compares to your $1,000 fancy smancy LCD watch from the 1970s. They both tell time.

My $13k Mitsubishi is comparable to a Porsche. They both have wheels that go round and round.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    The goat really is getting carried away with this crypto currency scam.

I only have to worry about losing $500. At least all my my $500 is in a crypto currency people have heard of.

Ask any Joe Blow if he has heard of those other forums of play money the goat is invested in and he will just look at you with a blank scare.
    XRP is not for everyone. Ask Joe Blow who the VP is or who his state senators are and you will also get a blank stare.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    XRP is not for everyone. Ask Joe Blow who the VP is or who his state senators are and you will also get a blank stare.
    Racist. Underprivileged people canít afford a drivers license or state ID so they can vote.