Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chase Manhattan to me: "How big is your weiner?"

Chase Manhattan to me: "How big is your weiner?"

This popped up when I was going to pay my credit card. They're like, "yo, we need an update as to how much $$ you make." I'm like, damn, Chase, are we dating or something? I mean, I know you're f-ing pretty good by delaying transactions so you can charge higher interest on a carried balance, but that doesn't mean you can ask me just anything.

Chase Credit Card.JPG
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I am always suprised how little it takes to get people to blindly volunteer private info. Next time you are checking out and the cashier asks you for your phone number, refuse and note the bewildered look from the cashier and the people in line.

I usually get theatrical with it, especially when I refuse and they say "it's for the returns". I respond "you're that sure it's going to break?"

Advance auto parts does it but they say it's for the warranty...I say "no that's what the receipt is for".
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

For the record, I'm a grower, not a show-er.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Administrator
    VIN
    It's getting pretty bad with stuff like this. I've been teaching my kids: "just because someone asks you for information, doesn't mean they're entitled to it."

The last time I went for a doctor visit, they gave me a form that asks a bunch of questions that have nothing to do with the injuries I was there for. It was a great learning opportunity for my kid that was with me. I didn't give any info unrelated to my injury, and when asked about the blank form I said: "I'm not here for that." I got the services I paid for, and went home.....just like any other business transaction (duh.)

However.....during a visit to another office when I didn't fill out the 3 pages of data-mining BS, the over-entitled receptionist tried to Alpha me when I questioned it. I left her stack of papers in the waiting area, paid for the services, and left. Oddly, the paperwork police didn't contact me and they accepted my payment for their services. Public schooling has really institutionalized the masses, IMO.

I think these micro-battles are good opportunities to learn perspective and not to be sheep. Paying someone for a service or an item doesn't entitle them to know the size of your weiner.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    A smart ass kid at Advance(kid working at Advance so smart ass should be implied but I digress) asked for my number when checking out. I was buying off the shelf stuff(rags, primer, sandpaper, a few other odds and ends for the work van). I said no and he got all cocky and said he wasn't selling me this without a number. I said "ok..put all that shit back for me hero" and promptly went across the street to O'rileys. Advance no longer gets any of my money.

I suppose I could have got the manager involved and bought it but I wanted to make a point.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

I should have just put down $10 Billion but as it turns out I'm no fun at parties either
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    I should have just put down $10 Billion but as it turns out I'm no fun at parties either
    That reminds me of a post I saw a long time ago where a guy was at the ATM and found a receipt from someone who had 500K in savings. He made copies of it to "drop" around girls.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    That reminds me of a post I saw a long time ago where a guy was at the ATM and found a receipt from someone who had 500K in savings. He made copies of it to "drop" around girls.
    This past summer I was visiting in McLean, VA. I stopped at an ATM and there was a receipt lying face-up, the balance was >900K. I held it with my transaction like it was my receipt, and showed it to someone I was with....got 'em! -lol

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    This past summer I was visiting in McLean, VA. I stopped at an ATM and there was a receipt lying face-up, the balance was >900K. I held it with my transaction like it was my receipt, and showed it to someone I was with....got 'em! -lol
    LOL..."Can you believe it? After last weekend only 900k left. UGHHHH!"

VIN
    Thats beautiful.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)