Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else creeped out by Chris Burns?

VIN
    Blog Entries

Anyone else creeped out by Chris Burns?

I seriously find the guy to be a creepy cyber-stalker. I realized it one day when he posted a picture of me being stopped by the police and had shared it and identified me in it before I had even gotten home for the evening.

There was also the time that Steve and I were working on something at his house and, while we were taking a break that was no more than 45 minutes, a photo of his house with both of our cars in the driveway; us identified as the owners, was posted online.

Then, there's the fact that he tracks where a car is, who owns it, and posts pictures of random people's cars revealing personal information with it.

His antics go beyond "well-meaning fan" and cross into full cyber-stalker territory; but, if you say you find it creepy, prepare for an onslaught of personal attacks.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

His fedora is razor sharp. I wouldn't f with him.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Years ago he sent me a facebook friend request and I accepted and didn't think much about it, things like how he knew I had a DeLorean or what my name was. I knew he was a huge DeLorean fan and that was about it. Then a year or so later he was posting pictures of my car that for the life of me I couldn't place where or when they were taken. It dawned me just how weird it is to be "friends" with someone you don't really know and with someone with a serious obsession. Never had an easier time clicking that unfriend button.
    Νικος Αυγουστινατου
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm not creeped out by him. I feel bad for him. I don't know him but based on his posts, I believe he has pretty much convinced himself that he will never get to a proper station in his life and he has just quit trying. It sucks to be in that kind of rut for so long. I was there and it was not a good place to be, especially when coupled with a healthy dose of depression. It sucked me down for the better part of a year. It was a quick realzation that the longer I allow myself to be there, the harder it would be to get out.

He hates my guts now because of all the times I have called him out online on his "oh look at poor little me, I need a DeLorean" routine when he is fully capable of working, but if we lived closer and I knew him in person it might be a different story. I might have been a little more sympathetic to his circumstances(whatever they may be). It's hard to reach your potential when you have someone chastising you rather than encouraging you. I don't really know what his deal is but I do know there are way too many people in this country that make themselves out to be a victim. Do that long enough and they begin to believe it and stop believing in themselves.

I don't know all the details of DPI's job offer either, but I think it was very generous of Josh to extend it to him.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I don't know all the details of DPI's job offer either, but I think it was very generous of Josh to extend it to him.

I offered Chris a free plane ticket to DCS once. I had a FREE flight lined up that would get him there on Wednesday or Thursday night and would get him home on a Monday. Keep in mind, this was a free plane ticket I was going to give him. I told him he would have to make arrangements with someone else to share a room.

Chris insisted that he needed to fly home on Sunday. I emphasized to him over and over that it was a FREE plane ticket I was giving him and the best I could do would be to fly him home on Monday. We talked back and forth about it, and eventually I just gave up since FREE wasn't good enough for him.

Why on earth an unemployed man needed to be home on Monday so much was beyond me. Whats weird is I think someone ended up buying Chris a plane ticket for that show that met Chris' demanding schedule.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Why on earth an unemployed man needed to be home on Monday so much was beyond me. Whats weird is I think someone ended up buying Chris a plane ticket for that show that met Chris' demanding schedule.
    Maybe Sunday was a good tv night.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Maybe Sunday was a good tv night.
    Can't miss The Simpsons.

Though, I think a part of what irks me is his condescension. He expects something for nothing; an idea I oppose and cannot understand, and is selective about it. He's not shy about saying what he thinks is "too much" for a car or how someone should "run away from this car" because it doesn't meet his standards.

Of course, the thing I find creepiest is how he tracks the condition of every car and who owns them; that is what makes him a stalker.
    -Chad K.

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Chad, why did you wear a blue kimono to the cracker barrell last night? Was that really the best choice?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Chad, why did you wear a blue kimono to the cracker barrell last night? Was that really the best choice?
    Shows what you know; I wore a leopard-print miniskirt to show off my unshaven, paper-white legs and a cherry blossom top with a push-up bra.

Gotta look good when working it.

But, seriously, it'ss unnerving to be out of state; especially when you live alone and have told nobody that you were leaving, to be tagged in a post stating you're several hours away from home. I don't appreciate having my whereabouts made known to the world because I'm enjoying my car.
    -Chad K.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post

But, seriously, it'ss unnerving to be out of state; especially when you live alone and have told nobody that you were leaving, to be tagged in a post stating you're several hours away from home. I don't appreciate having my whereabouts made known to the world because I'm enjoying my car.
    Chad, these colonoscopy results are troubling. Please call Chris.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru