Thread: It's alright baby

VIN
    Blog Entries

It's alright baby

Daddy's got you honey. Relax, let the soft blue mood disolve your anxiety. I'm not a stranger tonight...you are in a safe place here. Notice the ambient glow from the door release handles...so you know exactly where to reach if you feel uncomfortable, but we both know you don't want to leave, you want to be here. Just let yourself go and just push through the inhibition and let us find out together what's on the other side.

20181022_175038.jpg

20181022_174811.jpg
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Daddy's got you honey. Relax, let the soft blue mood disolve your anxiety. I'm not a stranger tonight...you are in a safe place here. Notice the ambient glow from the door release handles...so you know exactly where to reach if you feel uncomfortable, but we both know you don't want to leave, you want to be here. Just let yourself go and just push through the inhibition and let us find out together what's on the other side.

20181022_175038.jpg

20181022_174811.jpg
    *Unsolved Mysteries music*

"Good Evening, I'm Robert Stack... "
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Just like that episode of Cold Case where the old man driving a DeLorean tried to sexually proposition a young man.

-Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Just like that episode of Cold Case where the old man driving a DeLorean tried to sexually proposition a young man.

Too bad he wasn't able to show her his blue mood lights. He might have lived.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Administrator
    VIN
    Looks awesome.

LED mods are on my future to-do list. It'll be a few years, but one day I'll do somecool stuff like this.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Looks awesome.

LED mods are on my future to-do list. It'll be a few years, but one day I'll do somecool stuff like this.
    Thanks Rich. I copied Christian's ideas.

I'm not 100% sure if I will keep the center console lighting. I'm going to continue the lighting to the rear shelf. I might remove it after a few years or at least put it on it's own switch. If I decide to remove them it will only take a few minutes.

The door release lights are here to stay. I put them on switched power so they are on always.

VIN
    I plan on adding at least door release lights and possibly rear shelf...not sure I need center console..but prolly will. Will be easy to add that stuff to my car, since she's still unnasembled...hehe.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Added my center console lights on a rocker switch. Took half a day what I thought would be an hour. I got 2 switches from Deloreango that are just on off like the defrost switch but no graphic. Both were A: too big for the cutouts and B: flaky, only on when you touch it right. I tried the other I got and same issue. Tried to rebuild both and made them worse. I ended up putting the lights on the defrost switch since I never use it. I will rub the graphic off and order another defrost switch from DMCMW.

I put them on the cigerette lighter circuit since it is constant power. This way I can turn them on at car shows.

Those lights are a nice touch. Easy to forget with modern cars, that the old ones were pretty dark inside and hard to find controls.