Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever felt like a cinder block was dropped on your roof?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I wish I didn't have to block him on Facebook. Although, I can imagine he has been posting crazy political stuff all afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    There is a place for that crap and it's not FB

Doesn't he know that the DeLorean forums is where political posts go?
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    There is a place for that crap and it's not FB

Doesn't he know that the DeLorean forums is where political posts go?
    Only posts by right wing Republican conservatives should be allowed...just my personal opinion, with a cherry on top.
    Working on "The other DeLorean" (1966 GTO).

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Only posts by right wing Republican conservatives should be allowed...just my personal opinion, with a cherry on top.
    Then there would be no fighting and therefore no drama and a DeLorean forum without drama is no place to be.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Then there would be no fighting and therefore no drama and a DeLorean forum without drama is no place to be.
    Drama, is what I tell anyone whom asks, is what makes DeLorean ownership such a trip.
    Νικος Αυγουστινατου
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Huh? What? Did somebody say DeLorean forum drama???

I'm here, baby
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    I think Bill had a failure on one of his Heninger torsion bars.
    Was it the actual spring or something minor? I seem to remember Bill mentioning having to grind the end of one of his torsion units so it would fit in a hinge. That's not too big of a deal to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Naaa...It can be quite dramatic when, say, Josh gives me a lou!
    Working on "The other DeLorean" (1966 GTO).

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    If it's not too much trouble I'm definitely want it. I'm in no rush. The weather here sucks, winter is around the corner and I'm debating whether I should try to replace it myself or pay PJ Grady's a visit.
    I think you should tentatively plan for you & I to replace it. I'm going to be securing my roofbox this winter, so I'll be familiar with some of the procedure. I was at Andrew's when Luke & crew adjusted NightFlyer Josh's torsion bars. I've also gathered some intel from Jimmy, Josh from Canada, and a few others.....doesn't sound too bad.

But....taking it to Rob's would definitely make it a proper job.

You should bounce the idea around the forums a bit to help make your decision.

It's really not a bad job . I used the delorean club roof kit and there door strut bracket reinforcement plates while I was in there. U will need plenty of the right stuff or worth seal . You'll have to take your rear headliner out . I also used some anti rust paint inside the box . Cant remember what it was called I believe I gave a can to Rich. One can is all u need . It's designed for painting inside a frame. While i was up there I removed all the old sealant and replaced it . That was time consuming and also replaced the upper roof box door seals that are riveted to the door because there is no better time to do it then when you have the torsion bar removed. Now if all your doing is the torsion bar it's really pretty easy . Remove piston . Support door with a cargo strap to a rafter . ....thing says like 150 so dont scere it up. Mark the origional gar if you are just doing an adjustment but for you , one guy will have to hold the bar while the other dude loosens up the brackets 2 bolts. Obviously you will have to remove the rear screen. Then just removed the bracket . Hopefully yours comes out easily. Mine was mushroomed requiring me to grind the torsion bar slightly to be able to remove the bracket. So the guy removing the bracket needs to be prepared to re install if necessary. Then reinstall new bar . Lower door without strut. Until it hangs 2 to 3 inches open . Reinstall strut and see how she opens. Really it's pretty easy to do with a buddy , and the vendors charge way to much to do it.

Maybe instead of DCS Rich should host the outcasts for a weekend and we fix his roof ....and drink beer....and birch about politics.