Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 80's Excesses & Debauchery

Administrator
    VIN

Well, it's clear that I was not cool in the 80s. Not even for a little kid. All I did was play outside, mess around on computers, watch movies, and trip balls on Hubba Bubba soda.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    Well, it's clear that I was not cool in the 80s. Not even for a little kid. All I did was play outside, mess around on computers, watch movies, and trip balls on Hubba Bubba soda.
    Naw, you're just using the wrong measurement for assessment.

That would be like me saying I wasn't cool in the 70's. You're a 90's guy....how was that decade for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Naw, you're just using the wrong measurement for assessment.

That would be like me saying I wasn't cool in the 70's. You're a 90's guy....how was that decade for ya?
    Well, that doesn't help me too much . Compared to you guys I was a very boring kid. I was younger than everyone else in my class (my parents had me skip third grade) and for a good while I didn't have that many friends. All of the kids in that class knew I started a grade below them.

As a result I couldn't drive myself until everyone else already had their license and their own cars.

I never really partied, never really got up to a whole lot. The girl I took to my school's version of the Prom I took because she told me I was taking her. When it came to girls and dating I was pretty awkward and never really did. I spent most of my time messing with computers in the 90s, later on adding in car shows and stuff to the mix. The only mischief I got up to was when I was stuck in the car with my older brother and had no choice.

Even for a little Christian school, I was a boring kid.

Online was different. Because of the way I wrote, people thought I was middle aged, and the picture on the profile was my kid. I'd get women in their 30s asking me for advice about their kids, one woman in Sweden sent me a first class airline ticket that I had to hide and send back without my parents finding out. It was kind of a strange spot to be in. In real life I looked like a big 12 year old until I was like 23. Online with the way I spoke and the things I talked about, people always thought I was in my 40s or 50s.

I kind of got absorbed into the internet right after highschool, and it didn't help that I had an anxious stomach which kept me from feeling like I could go out.

Now I just turned 36 a week ago and am trying to make up for being stuck inside so much. Most people still assume I'm a lot younger than I am so it helps. Still saving for my motorcycle so I can raise heck.

VIN
    Those were the good old days of the internet. I remember hearing a story about a 12 year old kid that was a genius at programming, got offered a job at a major corporation without the employer even realizing he was a kid. Back then you could be anything.

These days you don't have to be even remotely intelligent to be on the internets.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    ~snip~

Online was different. Because of the way I wrote, people thought I was middle aged, and the picture on the profile was my kid. I'd get women in their 30s asking me for advice about their kids, one woman in Sweden sent me a first class airline ticket that I had to hide and send back without my parents finding out. It was kind of a strange spot to be in. In real life I looked like a big 12 year old until I was like 23. Online with the way I spoke and the things I talked about, people always thought I was in my 40s or 50s.

I kind of got absorbed into the internet right after highschool, and it didn't help that I had an anxious stomach which kept me from feeling like I could go out.

Now I just turned 36 a week ago and am trying to make up for being stuck inside so much. Most people still assume I'm a lot younger than I am so it helps. Still saving for my motorcycle so I can raise heck.
    Am I the only one thinking this is not boring? Dafuq man, how may guys had that shit happen?

Sounds like you were a fuckin' gangster on the 'net....own it, man!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this is not boring? Dafuq man, how may guys had that shit happen?

Sounds like you were a fuckin' gangster on the 'net....own it, man!
    True dat, most of us couldn't even get women to talk to us in HS, this guy was getting a first class booty call from freakin Sweden!!!! I should post my senior pic from HS, (let's just say I didn't find my stride till I graduated). Women(make that little girls) never talked to me, they were too interested in the jocks. Now 30 years later, all the "hot" girls are twice divorced and looking hard at ex number 3 who is a "catch" because he draws disability and the athletic jocks are now bald and overweight living in a one bedroom apartment eating Corn Flakes out of a muffin pan with a set of measuring spoons....Yeah Rusty Sells and Bob Miller, who's laughin now??
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    True dat, most of us couldn't even get women to talk to us in HS, this guy was getting a first class booty call from freakin Sweden!!!! I should post my senior pic from HS, (let's just say I didn't find my stride till I graduated). Women(make that little girls) never talked to me, they were too interested in the jocks. Now 30 years later, all the "hot" girls are twice divorced and looking hard at ex number 3 who is a "catch" because he draws disability and the athletic jocks are now bald and overweight living in a one bedroom apartment eating Corn Flakes out of a muffin pan with a set of measuring spoons....Yeah Rusty Sells and Bob Miller, who's laughin now??
    I think the secret was they didn't know what I looked like. As I mentioned, only one girl in HS wanted much to do with me and I think she got as much enjoyment out of making me feel uncomfortable as she did being in my company.

Administrator
    VIN

Imagine what the backstage party was like!

Administrator
    VIN
    This was around the time the 80's crash-landed, you can see/hear things were pretty much full-tilt right up until the 90's ended it all.....it's easy to see why the 80's rockstars were shell-shocked when the party ended. I saw a few interviews where 80's rockstars talked about it....they were pretty pissed-off -lol!

Be sure to listen @6:00...pretty much sums it up...haha!