Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 80's Excesses & Debauchery

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I think he moisturizes
    Having hair on your head probably helps too. I'm balder than Jean Luc Picard's one-eyed bishop.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Fake news. Nikolai Tesla is the father of electricity. We wouldn’t have AC current in our homes if it wasn’t for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Fake news. Nikolai Tesla is the father of electricity. We wouldn’t have AC current in our homes if it wasn’t for him.

Edison was a prick. History made him out to be a savior but if he hadn't spent his time and energy demonizing Tesla, who knows where we would be right now. Tesla was then what Musk is today except Edison quashed him before he even got his head above water.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Edison was a prick. History made him out to be a savior but if he hadn't spent his time and energy demonizing Tesla, who knows where we would be right now. Tesla was then what Musk is today except Edison quashed him before he even got his head above water.

Tesla was a communist Hillary supporter
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Tesla was a communist Hillary supporter
    Tesla is DMC except Tesla went public before they went broke unlike DMC.
    Νικος Αυγουστινατου
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build

You weren't really bullied unless you were also beat up by the nerds.

Here's my big 80s moment. In 1986, the local UHF station had a call for kids to do 1 minute spots. I auditioned over the phone and they said "come on down" so I jumped on my Huffy and did just that. I just found this on a VHS tape. After my Dad died earlier this year, I went through his closet. He had saved it. I just recorded it off my TV screen with my phone.

You were able to ride your bike to WTVZ? I thought they were across the water.

I didn't remember hearing about your dad passing. I'm glad I had a chance to meet him. He seemed like a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    You were able to ride your bike to WTVZ? I thought they were across the water.

I didn't remember hearing about your dad passing. I'm glad I had a chance to meet him. He seemed like a great guy.

They were. We lived in Norfolk for a while. I miss UHF programming. much more community based and less corporate. Sometimes in the 80s for the heck of it they ran really strange infomercials like "Santo Gold". I'm sure that's on YouTube somewhere ...

My Dad was a good guy! Thanks!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Fake news. Sam never had hair.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    You weren't really bullied unless you were also beat up by the nerds.

Here's my big 80s moment. In 1986, the local UHF station had a call for kids to do 1 minute spots. I auditioned over the phone and they said "come on down" so I jumped on my Huffy and did just that. I just found this on a VHS tape. After my Dad died earlier this year, I went through his closet. He had saved it. I just recorded it off my TV screen with my phone.
    You did a great job...being in front of a camera was scary shit back then (times sure have changed.)

That's before my nuts dropped and I'm not nearly as presentable. Let me tell ya, the thrill is gone.

Funny thing is, I'm 12 there and Rich was an older teen in the mid 80s -- obviously older than I am. Now I look older than he does.
    I was already in the US Army when this aired..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    +1

+1 ...Edison was a good businessman, Tesla had the brains.