Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headed out to buffalo NY area for the weekend

Administrator
    VIN
    Before I carbed 4194 I carried a spare RPM relay and a spare fuel pump in my cubby. The RPM relay is available from Rockauto for less than $15.00 and crosses to a 1981 Volvo 262 (URO Part #3523639). The failure of either the RPM relay or the fuel pump will stop the car dead in its tracks and neither part is stocked at a local parts house; thus carrying spares of both is worth the piece of mind on long trips. Obviously, the RPM relay is an easy plug and play replacement. Replacing a pump on the other hand is a little more difficult, but I have replaced a few on the side of the road over the years, thus it can be done.

Additionally, check fuse 7 for a bad contact as well..oh yeah, always keep an assortment of fuses in your cubby as well ;-)

Thanks Andrew,

I have one of the Houston all in one fuel php and sender units . The question is what pump do they have crimped into that unit. It may just be a walboro unit
    I should have taken some picks of the pump number before I installed it. Because I am sure it's an off the shelf pump in there. Maybe you guys already know.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    We believe it's from an '06 Silverado.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Not sure if DMCx still does this for the combo unit, but they used to send/install the units with an external in-line check valve that I sourced upon encountering problems with several of the internal check valves in the combo units, even after DMCH claimed to have 'fixed' the issue....

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...xoCjYUQAvD_BwE

"You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    More info on the check valve if you're completely bored and just as insane as the rest of us yo-yo's (excepting 'the Goat,' of course)......

http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.p...e-Check-Valves

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    Attachment 9652

Broke down today. Isolated it to RPM relay. Thanks to the today thugs for the help.
    Banana and a Dew - the only way to change out faulty D relays

--Josh S.

VIN
    Iím surprised they ever worked without the check valve.

I removed mine after converting to nylon fuel lines. I can hear the accumulator decompress at shutdown. Rest pressure is probably gone within 30-60 seconds.
    -Luke / 10270 / Turbo / EFI

The pump I bought last years from them definatly did not come with a check valve. Interestingly enough I thought about it last night and the only 2 times my car has broke down has been fuel system related. The first time was an accumulator line rupturing cause the dumbass tech in Florida installed a low pressure fuel line. This is why I do my own work lol

VIN
    I have an extra check valve if you need it.
    -Luke / 10270 / Turbo / EFI

Thanks !
    Just wanna clarify that Dave has checked my rpm relay and turned out it is good. So Dave's bullet proof RPM relay didn't fail me. How awesome is it that the guy checked it for me anyway. Looks like he thinks it may be the heater in my WUR shorted out . So I will be investigating that.